A Hidden Gem on the Chesapeake Bay
Combsberry Inn • Oxford, MD
- A One-Night Stay for Two in the Queen Ann Room, Garden of Eden Room, or Oxford Cottage, Sundays through Thursdays ($195)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in the Queen Ann Room, Garden of Eden Room, or Oxford Cottage, Fridays and Saturdays ($395)
- Breakfast Basket Delivered Each Morning
- Unlimited Coffee, Hot Chocolate, and Tea
One of Maryland's most beautifully preserved colonial towns, Oxford is truly a trip back in time. For starters, the town's Oxford Museum is packed with more than 2,500 artifacts dating back to the town's infancy, when it was one of America's first colonial ports. But a simple stroll downtown proves to be equally historical, with seemingly untouched 18th century architecture appearing at every turn. And it's not just history that lives on here. With only about 700 residents, Oxford is also home to a thriving ecosystem in the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, a 27,000-acre swath of rich tidal marshes that serve as a haven for ducks and migrating geese.
The Combsberry Inn, which itself is one of these charming colonial-era gems, is situated just a few minutes' drive from Oxford and comprises three structures. The 1730 brick manor house, the carriage house, and the Oxford Cottage are set amid beautifully landscaped grounds on the banks of Island Creek, with all rooms featuring water views. The interior is appointed with distinguished-looking fireplaces and beautiful hardwood floors, and all rooms are furnished with four-poster or canopy beds and antiques. And don't be surprised to run into a few wet noses––the Oxford Cottage gladly welcomes dogs.
Delivered to your room each morning, breakfast is prepared by the innkeeper and gourmet chef, who fill a basket with hot muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, and unlimited coffee, hot chocolate, and tea. After breakfast, head just outside to find deer grazing on the front lawn, eagles flying overhead, and osprey diving for fish in the spring.
"What a great find! It was perfectly peaceful. I can't wait to return."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 3 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through April 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily breakfast basket delivered (muffins, yogurt, fruit, juice), unlimited coffee, hot chocolate, tea and homemade bath salts
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Check-in: 2-5 p.m. / Checkout: 11 a.m.
- Blackout date(s): February 7-17, March 14-21, April 10-17, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 13, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • Enjoy By April 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings