A Feast for the Senses on Savannah's Forsyth Park
Forsyth Park Inn • Savannah, GA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($289) or Fridays and Saturdays ($319)
- Daily Full Southern Breakfast
- Evening Sweets, Coffee, and Tea
- Late Afternoon Hors d'Oeuvres and Beverages
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
There are few places that are simultaneously eccentric and dignified, holding fast to their gracious and grandiose history while also teeming with youthful vivacity. And yet, these are precisely the disparities with which Savannah bewitches visitors time and time again. Give the gift of travel this holiday season with an Escape to the "Hostess City of the South."
Your first stop is at the dreamy Forsyth Park Inn, an opulent Queen Anne Victorian mansion located on the western flank of the historic park for which it is named. Featured in the premier issue of Southbound magazine, the inn was built in 1893 and has 11 antique-laden rooms with soaring ceilings, 12-foot windows, and a private courtyard garden cottage, which is pet-friendly. Many of the rooms offer park views with some featuring working fireplaces, and you can literally soak in Savannah charm by choosing a room with a whirlpool or clawfoot tub.
In the morning, you'll be served your included gourmet breakfast on the sweeping veranda, or on a cool morning, fireside in the parlor. Enjoy Lowcountry favorites like fluffy buttermilk biscuits, cheesy grits soufflé, and inn specialties like Bananas Foster French Toast. And in the afternoon and evening, pop in for hors d'oeuvres, beverages, sweets, coffee, and tea.
Take advantage of the inn's location on Forsyth Park to play tennis, jog, or enjoy lunch in the park's cafe, or wander the paths through the opulent Victorian garden, taking care not to miss the park's crowning jewel: the magnificent 1858 fountain.
Cultural travelers appreciate the city's numerous walking tours, historic homes, and fine exhibitions at the Telfair Academy, the South's oldest public art museum. Pedal through Savannah's historic district and discover dramatic architecture and decadent restaurants throughout the town's 21 squares.
Try The Olde Pink House, which serves sumptuous fare that incorporates seafood in new and sophisticated Southern recipes. Or, try Sapphire Grill, a seasonal restaurant serving upscale dishes (garlic-seared Muscovy duck breast and butternut squash confit, for example) in an urbane, brick-wall and hardwood-floor setting.
"The Forsyth Park Inn was great! Very attentive and helpful staff, good food, and beautiful location! Room was clean and comfortable. Really good experience overall!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Reservations must be made by calling the property, reservations will not be accepted if made online
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and February 27, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Guests must cancel at least 14 days prior to check-in to receive a full refund less a $30 processing fee per room. Refunds are not given for early departures. If you do not show for your stay or cancel less than 14 days prior to your arrival your voucher is subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): November 28-30, December 24- January 2, 2014 and February 14-15
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 27, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 27, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 27, 2014 • Enjoy By February 27, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings