Deep Breaths on the Big Island
Hawaii Island Retreat • Kapaau, HI
- A Three-Night Stay for Two in a Garden View Room ($854)
- Or, a Three-Night Stay for Two in an Ocean View Room ($904)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- 15% Discount on Spa Services for Up to Two People
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Six Nights
Solar power, recycling, biodegradable toiletries, and lush organic gardens make this getaway as good for the planet as it is for your soul.
Want to see Mother Nature really strut her stuff? Go to Hawaii. Crystal-clear water, Ring of Fire sunsets, and jurassic-green landscapes are just another day in paradise here, and locals are diligent about protecting it. The chaise lounges on Hawaii's Big Island never disappoint, but the scenic and largely undeveloped North Kohala Coast makes a strong case for venturing beyond the beach chair. The arid western coastline yields to cooler, greener hills to the north, where farming communities are populated with artists and faithfully preserved vestiges of old Hawaii.
Mindful tranquility awaits at Hawaii Island Retreat, a luxury, eco-friendly boutique hotel, situated on 50 secluded acres near Kapaau on the North Kohala Coast. This serene seaside sanctuary (and three-time winner of the Fodor's Choice Award) runs entirely on wind and solar energy. Ocean breezes keep rooms cool, reclaimed rainwater fills the pool, and nearly all of the produce you'll eat is grown in on-site, organic gardens. For a truly peaceful experience, partake in seaside strolls, lomi lomi massage at Maluhia Spa, and nightly stargazing—sans urban light pollution. Guests can opt to take a cooking class or just let the retreat's world-class chef whip up a gourmet feast.
"Here, sustainability meets luxury without sacrificing comfort. Set above the cliffs in North Kohala near Pololu Valley, Hawaii Island Retreat generates its own solar power, harnesses its own water, and grows almost all its own food."-- Read Fodor's Review of Hawaii Island Retreat
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 voucher per reservation; vouchers can be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and September 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Wifi available;Internet access available;Airfare not included
- Price does not include Hawaii State, transient accommodations tax and daily facility fee. Tax and fees to be paid direct to resort by guests
- Facility fee is $28 per day for use of snorkeling equipment, parking, spa facility, WIFI, self-guided trails through our sacred valley, gardens and forest. Facility fee to be paid direct to the resort by guests
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): April 24-27 and May 17-21, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • Enjoy By September 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings