1- or 2-Night Stay for Two with Cider and Wine Tastings at AAA Two Diamond Inn with White House Chef in Grover, NC
The Inn of the Patriots • Grover, NC
- Stay for two in The Baby Ruth Room or The Magnificent Polynesian Room
- Option 1: $99 for a 1-night stay (up to a $372 value)
- Option 2: $197 for a 2-night stay (up to a $588 value)
- Option 3: $259 for a 1-night stay with Farm to Table Lunch class for two per stay (up to a $452 value)
- Stay for two in any room
- Option 4: $285 for a 1-night stay (up to a $428 value)
- Option 5: $349 for a 2-night stay with Farm to Table Lunch class for two per stay (up to a $668 value)
- Included in all options (per stay): Unlimited Tastings at Uptown Olive Oil & More, Cider beer tasting for two at Dragonfly Wine Market, Wine tasting for two at Baker Buffalo Creek Vineyard & Winery and Owl's Eye Vineyard, One appetizer at Ni Fen Bistro, One dessert at Carolina Crossing, and Four winery tours (two each day that alternate between local wineries)
- Book by: 5/21/17; Travel by: 9/30/17
Hotel at a Glance: The Inn of the Patriots
By age 8, young Marti Mongiello was already planning elaborate—albeit imaginary—dinner parties. About 20 years later, he was at the White House cooking and serving as the executive chef at Camp David. Today, he cooks for guests at The Inn of the Patriots, his award-winning bed and breakfast in the Blue Ridge Mountains foothills. With this Getaway, you'll get to enjoy Mongiello's delicacies for yourself, with a daily six-course colonial breakfast.
- Awards and press mentions: The on-site Presidential Culinary Museum has been featured on CNN and PBS and was named Best of the South and Best Place to Enjoy History by BedandBreakfast.com. It also holds a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Historic legacy: Built in 1879, The Presidential Culinary Museum once served as the home of a former Civil War surgeon.
- Unique decor: Each guest room has a different theme, with decorative touches that may include period fireplaces or love letters from Civil War sailors to their wives.
- In-room amenities: free WiFi, 417 TV channels, and a back and foot massage machine
- Tasting time: This deal includes tastings at Baker Buffalo Creek Vineyard & Winery and Owl's Eye Vineyard , cider-beer tastings at Dragonfly Wine Market, unlimited tastings at Uptown Olive Oil & More, appetizer at Ni Fen Bistro, dessert at Carolina Crossing, and four winery tours.
- Lunch and learn: Some of this Getaway's options include a farm-to-table lunch cooking class for two.
- See presidential china dating back to the Jefferson administration at the Presidential Culinary Museum. Guided tours are offered daily starting at 9:30 a.m.
Cleveland County is situated in southwestern North Carolina, amid the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Visitors are treated to scenic views no matter the season, all within a 90-minute drive from Asheville to the west and Charlotte to the east.
One of Cleveland County's southernmost towns, Grover, lies near the South Carolina border. This former railroad town is filled with restored turn-of-the-century houses, lending it a charmingly old-timey feel. Nearby Blacksburg, South Carolina, was the site of the pivotal Battle of Kings Mountain during the American Revolution—a battle that halted the British advance into North Carolina. A monument, exhibits, and a battlefield trail commemorate that victory at Kings Mountain National Military Park.
For a taste of modern-day Cleveland County, head to the award-winning Baker Buffalo Creek Vineyard, where you can sample up to 12 wines (tours are only available Thursday–Sunday). Other stops show off the area's culinary prowess, with farm-fresh American fare and seafood at NiFen Bistro in Shelby and decadent desserts at Carolina Crossing Restaurant in Grover.
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to $75 fee; 90-day cancellation notice required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 4-week cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies.
- Taxes: 12.75% tax not included.
- In-room back and foot massage machine
- Daily six-course breakfast for two
- Two tickets to the on-site Presidential Culinary Museum with guided tour
- Complimentary parking and WiFi
- Complimentary Wall Street Journal and USA Today daily
- Wine and cider tastings
Chef Marti is awesome. Great breakfasts and the house is fantastically restored and decorated. We thoroughly enjoyed our two day visit and can't wait to go back again. Thank you so much.-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 10 per customer, up to 10 additional as gifts; up to 10 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now to September 30, 2017
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by May 21, 2017 to make booking
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 18 or over to check-in and must be age 21+ to consume alcohol
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Online reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 90 days in advance of scheduled arrival; rescheduling fees may apply; voucher subject to forfeiture and $75 fee
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes unlimited tastings at Uptown Olive Oil & more, cider beer tasting for two at Dragonfly Wine Market, wine tasting for two at Baker Buffalo Creek Vineyard & Winery and Owl's Eye Vineyard, one appetizer at Ni Fen Bistro, and one dessert at Carolina Crossing, and four winery tours (two each day that alternate between local wineries)
- 12.75% Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services, and gratuity at the property are not included
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Children are welcome at the property; additional fee of $15 for each child/night
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 21, 2017 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 23, 2022 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 21, 2017 • Enjoy By May 21, 2017
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings