Inviting Inn Owned by a Former White House Chef
The Inn of the Patriots • Grover, NC
- A One- ($97) or Two-Night ($177) Stay for Two in Any Room
- Daily Breakfast for Two and Sweet Treats Upon Arrival
- Two Tickets to the Presidential Culinary Museum
- Winery Tour and Tasting of Nine Wines Each at Baker Buffalo Creek Vineyard
- One Appetizer at Ni Fen Bistro and One Dessert at Carolina Crossing
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
The innkeeper—a former White House chef—serves three-course breakfasts and teaches cooking classes. Presidential history has never been so delicious.
There's a lot of Grover, North Carolina, to love—just one way in which the town is like its namesake, President Grover Cleveland. A healthy appreciation for the past is perhaps most proudly displayed on Gingerbread Row, a stretch of Cleveland Avenue lined with restored historic homes. Just across the border in South Carolina, Kings Mountain National Military Park preserves its Revolutionary War battlefield while offering winding nature trails for hiking and biking. And less than an hour east of Grover is the city of Charlotte, emerging as a region where innovation and modernity reign supreme in the "New South."
The Inn of the Patriots is housed in the former Hambright family mansion, a clapboard prairie-style sprawl built in 1879. These days, the five-room inn is owned by former White House Chef Marti Mongiello and his wife Chef Stormy, who focus on serving up delicious fare in a relaxed B&B setting. Individually appointed guest rooms blend American, European, and Asian décor and invite leisurely relaxation with luxurious robes, satellite TV, and DVD players. Each morning, the chefs roll out a three-course breakfast sure to impress any palate, and they also run the on-site Presidential Culinary Museum.
To get a taste of what you're in store for with these culinary counselors, hear directly from Chef Marti and Chef Stormy in this video.
"This was a treasured anniversary getaway to a great B&B. Tucked away with a intriguingly rich history, it is what we always hope for in a B&B. Nearby towns offer a lovely mix of vibrant downtowns, wineries, and expected retail."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through March 11, 2016
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily breakfast for 2 and sweet treats upon arrival, 2 tickets to the Presidential Culinary Museum, winery tour and tasting of 9 wines each at Baker Buffalo Creek Vineyard, 1 Appetizer at Ni Fen Bistro and 1 Dessert at Carolina Crossing
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; up to 1 child may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $15 per night
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 90 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture or $35 re-booking fee
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 16, 2016 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 4, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 16, 2016 • Enjoy By March 16, 2016
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings