Iconic Italy in Venice, Florence, and Rome
go-today • Venice, Italy
- An 11-Day Trip to Italy ($1,999 to $3,199 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York, Los Angeles, or Washington DC to Italy
- Rail Transportation Between Venice, Florence, and Rome
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights in Venice, Three Nights in Florence, and Four Nights in Rome
- Daily Breakfast
- Walking Tour of Venice
- Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Florence
- Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Rome
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Famed for its serene canals and preserved Renaissance architecture, Venice is a city best viewed from a gondola. More than 100 islands connected by a network of canals make up the main city, so visitors never run out of nooks and crannies to investigate. Catch a show in the gilded La Fenice opera house, see stunning architecture of St. Mark's Basilica overlooking the Piazza San Marco, and spend an afternoon strolling the car-free walkways and bridges of the city center.
As the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance, Florence holds a special place in the world of art. The Duomo dominates the skyline and breathtaking art is found at every turn: see Botticelli's The Birth of Venus at the Uffizi Gallery, Michelangelo's David at the Accademia, and learn the history of fashion at the Gucci Museum. But don't neglect your other senses—Florence is also home to world-renowned Tuscan cuisine.
All roads lead to Rome—and it's clear why. This former seat of the Roman Empire remains one of the cultural capitals of the world. Hop on a moped to travel the city's seven hills from monument to museum to landmark. Spanning millennia of history, the Eternal City is home to the ancient ruins of the Colosseum and the Forum; the baroque opulence of St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican; and a culinary tradition that includes some of the best pizzerias and gelaterias on the continent.
Three cities, three singular personalities, one trifecta of iconic Italy. Experience them all with this Escape courtesy of go-today.
day 1: You'll board your overnight flight from the US to Venice.
days 2 and 3: Arrive in Venice for a two-night stay. Choose one morning to take a 1.5-hour walking tour of Venice, which begins at Piazza San Marco and includes stops at St. Mark's Basilica, the Doge's Palace, and Santa Maria Formosa, with history and anecdotes narrated along the way. You'll also make your way to the Marco Polo House and the Malibran Theater.
Two nights at the Santa Chiara Hotel, the Hotel Canaletto, Hotel Villa Rosa, or comparable three-star hotel. Daily breakfast provided.
days 4, 5, and 6: A train will take you from Venice to Florence, where you'll spend the next three nights. A two-day pass gives you access to hop-on, hop-off tours of Florence. Two routes take visitors by the Duomo, the Basilica di Santa Croce, and the Uffizi Gallery, among other sights. Along the way, you'll also see the important works of Italian Renaissance masters Michelangelo, Leonardo, Donatello, and Raphael.
Three nights at the Hotel Meridiana, the Athenaeum Personal Hotel, the Hotel Magenta, the San Gallo Palace, Hotel Delle Nazioni, or comparable three-star hotel. Daily breakfast provided.
days 7, 8, 9, and 10: Once you arrive in Rome via train, transfer to your home base for the next four nights. An open schedule allows you to spend the days as you please. Explore on your own, or use your two-day pass to see the sights on hop-on, hop-off tours of Rome. The route shows you St. Peter's Basilica—approached through the grand elliptical Piazza—the famed Swiss Guardsmen of the Vatican, the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps.
Four nights at the Hotel Clodio, the Hotel Albani Roma, or comparable hotel. Daily breakfast provided.
day 11: Depart from the Rome airport on your return flight to the US.
New York City departures: October 26, 2013 ($2,299); November 23, 2013 ($1,999); December 7, 2013 ($1,999); January 11, 2014 ($1,999); February 8, 2014 ($1,999); March 15, 2014 ($2,099); March 29, 2014 ($2,199); April 19, 2014 ($2,299); June 7, 2014 ($2,899)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: October 26, 2013 ($2,499); November 23, 2013 ($2,199); December 7, 2013 ($2,199); January 11, 2014 ($2,199); February 8, 2014 ($2,299); March 15, 2014 ($2,299); March 29, 2014 ($2,499); April 19, 2014 ($2,699); June 7, 2014 ($3,199)
Washington, DC, departures: October 26, 2013 ($2,399); November 23, 2013 ($2,099); December 7, 2013 ($2,099); January 11, 2014 ($2,099); February 8, 2014 ($2,099); March 15, 2014 ($2,199); March 29, 2014 ($2,299); April 19, 2014 ($2,399); June 7, 2014 ($2,999)
"A good-looking city! Naked like Michelangelo’s David or rugged up in the latest winter fashion by their own world-class designers, Florentines and their city never fail to impress. At times it seems nothing much has changed since the days of the Medici."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; all dates must be confirmed by October 2, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $500
- Voucher includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights in Rome, Three Nights in Florence, and Three Nights in Venice, Daily Breakfast, Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Rome, Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Florence, Walking Tour of Venice, Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Voucher does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 7, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 9, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 7, 2014 • Enjoy By June 7, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 26% savings