Lily of Eire in a Historic Virginia Hunt Country Inn
Blackthorne Inn & Restaurant • Upperville, VA
get it now to save even moreclose
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Cabin, Sundays Through Thursdays ($299) or Fridays and Saturdays ($399) from Now to April 30, 2016
- Continental Breakfast for Two
- Two Welcome Drinks
- Fruit and Cheese Plate
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
Built in 1763 and once owned by George Washington, this romantic stone house combines the atmosphere of Ireland with modern in-room amenities such as Jacuzzis and plush bedding.
Just an hour's drive outside of the nation's capital, Fauquier County has become synonymous with Hunt Country and all things equestrian in Virginia. These rolling hills at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains host posh polo matches, fox hunts, and vast green pastures. Fine pedigrees aren't confined to the stables, though: Peek inside one of the historic manor homes set back from the road and you'll find an affluent society seeking simplicity in the countryside.
Blackthorne Inn & Restaurant brings the spirit of Eire to the Hunt Country town of Upperville, Virginia. Cozy cabins at this 1763 stone house—once owned by George Washington—are charmingly named after counties in Ireland. All feature plush beds, flat-screen satellite TVs, Jacuzzi tubs, and porches; many also offer wood-burning fireplaces. With breakfast overlooking a serene pond and a setting as green as the Emerald Isle, you won't ever need to leave your room—but when you're ready, be sure to grab a bite to eat and a perfectly-poured pint of Guinness at Blackthorne Restaurant and Wolfe Tone's Pub.
Year-round entertainment. The inn's location in the heart of Hunt Country gives guests easy access to polo matches, steeplechase races, antique shops, Civil War battlefields, and more.
Scenic strolling awaits. Take in the scenery during an afternoon hike near historic Ashby Gap. The inn also can arrange trail rides throughout the area.
Let the wine flow. Pamper your palate with a wine tasting at Naked Mountain Winery & Vineyards or any of several nearby wineries.
• Taxes are not included—plan on paying those directly to the property
Absolutely amazing! The cabins are adorable and perfect for a romantic weekend. Between the wine, cheese, Jacuzzi, and fireplace, my husband and I felt like we were on our second honeymoon! Everyone was so friendly, and we cant wait to go back!-- LivingSocial Member
Magical setting and friendly folks! We enjoyed the towns, nearby wineries, and scenic byways mixed with history. We've already recommended the Blackthorne Inn, especially the cabins, to our family and friends.-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 10 additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through April 30, 2016
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes continential breakfast for 2, 2 welcome drinks, and 1 fruit and cheese plate
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2016 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 27, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2016 • Enjoy By April 30, 2016
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms