Chef Tasting Near Charlottesville
The Lafayette Inn • Stanardsville, VA
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, in the Monroe Suite, Jefferson Suite, or Tyler Suite (A Suites)
- Ten-Course Chef Tasting Dinner with Beverage Pairings
- Continental Breakfast for Two
Enjoy a sumptuous ten-course feast, with beverage pairings, at this historic bed and breakfast about 30 minutes from Charlottesville.
The tiny town of Stanardsville, tucked away in the rolling hills of central Virginia, puts more on the table than its population of 500 lets on. For starters, it sits just ten minutes from the border of Shenandoah National Park and 30 minutes from the bustling college town of Charlottesville, with a number of wineries, antique shops, and local artisans in between—not to mention historic sites like Monticello and Montpelier. But you needn't stray far from Main Street to revel in the bounty of the region. For proof, look no further than The Lafayette Inn, a six-room bed and breakfast in the heart of downtown.
Built in 1840, this three-story inn and restaurant—with a charming brick façade, picture windows, and white wooden columns—is renowned as one of the best restaurants in the region, garnering awards like "Best of the Blue Ridge" and "Virginia's Restaurant of the Year." Before the mouthwatering begins, however, check in to your suite. Each Internet-equipped room features hardwood floors, a sitting area with TV, and a private bathroom.
After checking in and settling down, you'll be treated to a sumptuous ten-course feast, complete with beverage pairings. From appetizers to entrées to desserts, this special event remains the inn's most popular experience, a decade-long tradition that more than a thousand guests before you have enjoyed.
The following day, treat yourself to a tasting and tour at any of the many vineyards around the undulating hills of the Shenandoah Mountains. There, in the beautiful brick-and-wood tasting room, you'll sample a flight of wine for two from the local appellation, then tour the vineyards and winery to learn a bit about the process.
"The entire experience was amazing. What wonderful hosts. The food is remarkable. Will definitely stay there again."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through August 31, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Valid for the Monroe, Jefferson and Tyler (Suite A) rooms; alternate room types my used if these rooms are not available for desired check-in date; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- Voucher includes ten-course Chef's Tasting Dinner for two with beverage pairings
- Menu modifications, as a result of an allergy or preference, are subject to a surcharge
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture. Rescheduling is subject to a change fee
- Taxes and gratuities are not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Alternate room types my used if the Monroe and/or Jefferson rooms are not available for desired check-in date; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- Blackout date(s): June 30 - July 10, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 13, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2014 • Enjoy By August 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings