Iceland, Where the Northern Lights Meet the Blue Lagoon
Gate 1 Travel •
- A Five-Day Trip to Iceland, Including:
- Round-Trip Flights between Boston Logan International Airport and Reykjavik Airport aboard the Best Available Carrier
- A Three-Night Stay at the Reykjavik Natura Hotel
- Blue Lagoon Afternoon Excursion, Reykajvik City Tour, and the Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour
- Three Breakfasts and One Dinner
- Local Guides Throughout
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Charges, Hotel Fees, and All Activity Entrance Fees
In Reykjavik, the world's northernmost capital, the winter nights are longer and darker than almost anywhere in the world—the perfect canvas for nature's most spectacular light show: the Aurora Borealis, better known as the Northern Lights. Despite the country's proximity to the Arctic Circle, however, warm ocean currents make the climate more similar to New England's than Siberia's. Along the country's Golden Circle, stop to marvel at roaring waterfalls, bubbling hot springs, and towering geysers—all the result of Iceland's unique geothermal activity. And no trip would be complete without a dip in the Blue Lagoon, which owes its striking color to volcanic minerals that turn the hot spring water milky blue. Join Gate 1 Travel for a five-day adventure amid Iceland's stunning natural phenomena.
day 1: Depart the USA for Iceland. Your international flight includes meals, drinks, and in-flight entertainment.
day 2: Arrive in Iceland, "Land of the Midnight Sun." Transfer independently to cosmopolitan Reykjavik, surrounded by incredible landscapes and countless natural wonders. Take time to settle in before the afternoon tour of the world-famous Blue Lagoon, a unique geo-thermal spa situated in the youngest lava field in west Iceland. Walk around the spectacular surroundings of the Blue Lagoon, and bathe in the milky blue-green water. Relax in a geo-thermal steam bath, or release stress under a Blue Lagoon waterfall. For a unique experience, indulge in an optional outdoor massage or one of the many spa treatments available. Enjoy a selection of tasty local dishes at the on-site restaurant, or shop for seawater cosmetic products before returning to Reykjavik.
Overnight at Reykjavik Natura Hotel.
day 3: The day begins at the Presidential residence at Bessastadir, just south of Reykjavik, dating back to the early 19th century. Next it's off to Hafnarfjorour, a town nestled in lava, famous for Iceland's large settlement of elves, dwarves, and other mystical beings known as the "hidden people." The town is also the site of an annual Viking festival, and now considered to be the rock n' roll capital of Iceland. In Reykjavik, see the panoramic views of the city from the platform at Perlan before traveling on to Hofdi House, considered one of the most beautiful and historically significant buildings in the area, best known as the location for the 1986 summit meeting between President Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbahev that marked the end of the Cold War. In the old section of the city, see the Hallgrimskirkja church, the town hall, and the home of the Icelandic Parliament, known as the Althing. After a stop at the sports and recreation area in Laugardalur, with its geo-thermal heated outdoor swimming pool and Sveinsson sculptures, you'll return to the hotel. Tonight is at leisure in Reykjavik to explore this energetic city on your own. Dine on traditional Icelandic fish in one of the world-class restaurants, or visit a lively pub, stylish club, or cozy cafe.
Overnight at Reykjavik Natura Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 4: Today, you'll travel to the "Golden Circle," a route that encompasses many of Iceland's most renowned natural wonders. Begin at Thingvellir National Park, a World Heritage Site and the nation's most historic area, where the world's oldest existing parliament met in 930 A.D. Stand upon one of the globe's most geologically significant landscapes on the volcanic rift before arriving at the Strokkur geyser. Watch it erupt every few minutes, spewing hot water high into the air. Marvel at the magnificent Gullfoss Waterfall (Golden Falls), with its 100-foot double cascade flowing into the Hvita River. After enjoying these jewels of Icelandic nature, experience Iceland's geo-thermal power at the Laugarvatn Fontana Spa, with its natural steam baths and open-air hot pools. Afterward, tuck into a delicious dinner at a restaurant known for its wonderful cuisine and famous chocolate mousse dessert. Then, search the skies for the Northern Lights. Be sure to bring warm clothing, rain gear, good shoes, a swim suit, and a snack. Drinks are not included.
Overnight at Reykjavik Natura Hotel. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 5: Transfer independently to Keflavik Airport for your departing flight.
2013: November 20 ($1,349), November 27 ($1,499), December 4 ($1,349), December 11 ($1,399), December 18 ($1,499), December 25 ($1,999)
2014: January 1 ($1,399), January 8 ($1,299), January 15 ($1,299), January 22 ($1,299), January 29 ($1,299), February 12 ($1,299), February 19 ($1,299), February 26 ($1,299), March 19 ($1,299), March 26 ($1,299)
"Iceland is an otherworldly place of fire and ice. The forces of nature have created a volatile playground, where you can swim outdoors in a snowstorm in geothermally heated pools, trek across a mossy lava field, or power a skidoo over an icy glacier."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by October 7
- Must be 21 or older to make booking and anyone under 18 must be traveling with another person that is 21 or older; travelers on the tour must be 8 years of age or older
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $200
- Triples are not allowed
- Must be at least 18 to check-in and at least 8 to travel
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.gate1travel.com/terms.aspx#CANCELLATION
- Upon confirmation, voucher will be considered used and 100% non-refundable and airfare in non-refundable once ticketed
- Voucher includes a Three-Night Stay at the Reykjavik Natura Hotel, a Blue Lagoon Afternoon Excursion, Reykajvik City Tour, and the Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour, Three Breakfasts and One Dinner, Local Guides Throughout, Airline Taxes and Fuel Charges, Hotel Fees, and All Activity Entrance Fees
- Voucher does not include gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking; subject to availability
- Visas required
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Due to physical constraints and space limitations, wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters may not be taken aboard motor coaches, nor are these devices suitable for touring. These devices may be utilized in public spaces such as airports, however may not be used while sightseeing
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 26, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 26, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 26, 2014 • Enjoy By March 26, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 19% savings