Celebrate the New Year in China
China Travel CA • Beijing, China
- A Nine-Day New Year's Trip to Beijing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai, Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Houston, or Vancouver to Beijing and Domestic Flights from Beijing to Shanghai
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, One Night at Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou, One Night at Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort, and Two Nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
- Seven Buffet Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Two Dinners
- English-Speaking Tour Guide Throughout
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Admissions, and Accident Insurance Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
A multifaceted, modern country with more than 5,000 years of history, China is difficult to capture in words. From the mega metropolises of Beijing and Shanghai on the east coast to the large expanses of bucolic farmland that roll west toward the Himalayas, this massive county is home to more than one billion people. Travelers can see the past reflected in the solid gaze of a jade Buddha and the stony towers of the Great Wall of China, or catch a glimpse of the future in the space-age architecture of the Beijing National Stadium, the site of the 2008 Summer Olympics. Between strolling the open expanses of the Forbidden City and shopping teeming Wangfujing street, every visit to this vast land is the trip of a lifetime.
Celebrate the New Year with a look back at a world of history and culture on this nine-day tour of Beijing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai, courtesy of China Travel CA.
The Itinerary (itinerary order will vary by departure date)
day 1: Take off on an overnight flight from the US to Beijing, crossing the International Date Line. You'll lose a calendar day here, but get it back on your return flight.
day 2: Arrive in Beijing, where you'll be escorted from the airport to your hotel.
Overnight at the Four Points by Sheraton Beijing.
day 3: Your time in the Chinese capital begins with a full-day tour of iconic Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. Along the way, you'll stop at the Pearl Factory for an introduction to freshwater pearls, then visit the Summer Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your evening brings a Peking duck feast.
Overnight at the Four Points by Sheraton Beijing. Buffet breakfast and dinner provided.
day 4: Hike along the Great Wall of China, beginning at Juyongguan Pass. After your walk, you'll explore the Jade Museum to learn the rich history of jade carving. An afternoon at leisure leaves you free to explore Wangfujing, Beijing's famous shopping street.
Overnight at the Four Points by Sheraton Beijing. Buffet breakfast and lunch provided.
day 5: You'll catch a flight to Shanghai in the morning, where you'll explore Shanghai Old Street. From here, catch a bus to Suzhou—nicknamed "Venice of the East"—to wander the 1,100-year-old Shan Tang Street.
Overnight at the Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou. Buffet breakfast and lunch provided.
day 6: Visit the Lingering Garden, a classical Chinese garden recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then it's off to the Silk Spinning Factory to learn about the art of silk work. You'll board an afternoon bus to Hangzhou—one of the seven capitals of ancient China and famed for its tea—and take a small boat out on the West Lake for views of the willow-draped islands and centuries-old Su Causeway.
Overnight at the Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort. Buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 7: Begin your day at the Green Tea Village before catching a ride back to Shanghai. There, you'll stop at the Bund, a historic waterfront district running along the western bank of the Huangpu River, and the Gem Exhibition Center.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Buffet breakfast and lunch provided.
day 8: Enjoy a free day to explore Shanghai and get ready for the New Year's Eve festivities at night. Each year, Shanghai celebrates with fireworks and a countdown to the New Year.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Buffet breakfast provided.
day 9: You'll be driven to the airport to board a flight returning to the US.
Buffet breakfast provided.
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: December 24, 2013 ($1,799); December 29, 2013 ($1,799)
San Francisco (SFO) departures: December 24, 2013 ($1,799)
New York (JFK) departures: December 29, 2013 ($1,899)
Houston (IAH) departures: December 27, 2013 ($1,899)
Vancouver (YVR) departures: December 24, 2013 ($1,899)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"I'm in China right now having the time of my life on this tour. Would strongly recommend it. My travel companions and I are blown away by the value we have received with this trip. Unbelievable on all accounts!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; book by October 23, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information contact 888-410-4111; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Double Occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $420. China Travel International offers roommate-matching, contact them with questions
- Includes Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, One Night at Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou, One Night at Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort, and Two Nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, Seven Buffet Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Two Dinners, English-Speaking Tour Guide Throughout, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Admissions, and Accident Insurance
- Does not include processing of China Visa ($140 Chinese Consulate and $39 by China Travel International for US passport holders and Chinese Consulate charge of C$83.6 per Canadian Passport for single entry visa) other medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, gratuities of $8 per person per day and any costs not specified as included
- Other major U.S. airports might be available at a higher price. Please contact 888-410-411
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- All deal components must be redeemed during one trip; voucher cannot be used for only room and ticket or return flight will be canceled
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 6, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 6, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 6, 2014 • Enjoy By January 6, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings