A Taste of Sicily in Palermo, Agrigento, and Catania
Key Tours International • Sicily, Italy
- A Seven-Day Trip to Palermo, Agrigento, and Catania, Sicily ($699 to $2,409 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York City, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, or Los Angeles to Sicily; or Land-Only (No Flights)
- Five-Day Small Sedan Car Rental with Unlimited Milage, Insurance, and Taxes
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at Mondello Palace Hotel in Palermo, One Night at Akrabello Hotel in Agrigento, and Two Nights at the Sheraton Catania Hotel in Catania
- Five Breakfasts and 10% Dining Discount at Alle Terrazze Restaurant
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Hotel Fees Included
- Price per person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
With Greek temples, Roman mosaics, and bold Italian cuisine, Sicily is a Mediterranean cultural explosion on par with Mt. Etna, an active volcano and the island's most impressive physical feature.
The controlled chaos of capital Palermo gives visitors a first full glimpse of what it means to be Sicilian. Its textured history—the city has been conquered by the Phoenicians, Spanish, and Arabs—is apparent in every colorful mosaic, baroque facade, and aromatic street-side food stall. Beauty can be found both inside (at world-class museums like the Palazzo dei Normanni) and out, at the Botanical Gardens or the golden beaches of Mondello Lido, just north of the city center.
Eighty miles south of the capital, you'll find Agrigento and its magnificent Valley of the Temples, an expansive archaeological site boasting the beautifully preserved Tempio della Concordia (by night, floodlights bathe the ruins in an ethereal glow). Agrigento itself is plucked out of the more recent past, with intricate stucco adorning the walls of 17th-century churches.
But for the fiery passion and cuisine of Sicily, the coastal city of Catania may be your hottest lead. And it's no wonder—lava erupting from Mount Etna has run through the streets at various points in the city's history. Maybe that's why Catanians go out of their way to carpe diem, reveling in fresh seafood, upscale shopping districts, and vibrant nightlife.
For an experience overflowing with Sicilian culture, try this seven-day trip to Palermo, Agrigento, and Catania, courtesy of Key Tours International.
day 1: Those purchasing the air-inclusive package will board an overnight flight from the US to Palermo.
day 2: Touch down in Palermo, where you'll pick up your rental car from the airport and drive to your hotel. You'll receive a ten-percent discount at the hotel's Alle Terrazze Restaurant during your stay.
Overnight at Mondello Palace Hotel.
day 3: Spend the day exploring Palermo at your leisure. The city is full of gorgeous sights, including the historic city center, Quattro Canti, Fontana Pretoria, the Cathedral, the Norman Palace with the Palatine Chapel, and the Massimo Theater. Via Principe di Belmonte is lined with local pastry shops, cafes, and bars to visit. A short distance beyond Palermo are Monreale abbey and Benedictine cloister.
Overnight at Mondello Palace Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 4: Set out for the drive to Agrigento. Segesta, the site of an unfinished Doric temple, and Erice, a historic walled town that is home to the Venus Castle, make lovely detours as you cross through the province of Trapani. Wine lovers may want to stop by Marsala, famous for desert wines exclusively produced in the area, before reaching Agrigento.
Overnight at Akrabello Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 5: You'll have most of the day free to see the city of Agrigento and the ancient Valley of the Temples surrounding it. Or, you can make the two-hour drive to the renowned Villa Romana del Casale di Piazza Armerina, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the rural countryside of the province of Enna. In the afternoon, continue on driving to your hotel in Catania.
Overnight at the Sheraton Catania Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 6: From your location in Catania, you'll have easy access to Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe. Also nearby is the small coastal town of Taormina, where you'll find an ancient Greek theater and lovely public gardens.
Overnight at the Sheraton Catania Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 7: After breakfast at the hotel, drive to the Catania airport to drop off your rental car. Guests who purchased the air-inclusive package will board their return flight back to the US.
New York City (JFK) departures: October 1 to November 14, 2013 ($2,049); November 15 to December 15, 2013 ($1,849); January 5 to March 15, 2014 ($1,849)
Chicago (ORD) departures: October 1 to November 14, 2013 ($2,299); November 15 to December 15, 2013 ($2,099); January 5 to March 15, 2014 ($2,099)
Atlanta (ATL) departures: October 1 to November 14, 2013 ($2,409); November 15 to December 15, 2013 ($2,209); January 5 to March 15, 2014 ($2,209)
Houston (HOU) departures: October 1 to November 14, 2013 ($2,279); November 15 to December 15, 2013 ($2,079); January 5 to March 15, 2014 ($2,079)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: October 1 to November 14, 2013 ($2,399); November 15 to December 15, 2013 ($2,199); January 5 to March 15, 2014 ($2,199)
Land-Only packages (flights not included): October 1 to November 14, 2013 ($699); November 15 to December 15, 2013 ($699); January 5 to March 15, 2014 ($699)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"Palermo is a city of decay and of splendor. Be prepared to explore: This giant treasure-trove of palaces, castles and churches has a unique architectural fusion of Byzantine, Arab, Norman, Renaissance and baroque gems."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Please book as early as you can, and in any event no later than October 18, 2013
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and $150 for any date changes
- The cost of all airline tickets and airport taxes are non-refundable after a booking is confirmed with Key Tours International
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $300 from October 1 until November 14, and $200 from November 15- December 15 and from January 5-March 15, 2014 (due at booking)
- Voucher Includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at Mondello Palace Hotel in Palermo, One Night at Akrabello Hotel in Agrigento, and Two Nights at the Sheraton Catania Hotel in Catania, Five Breakfasts and 10% Dining Discount at Alle Terrazze Restaurant, a Five-Day Manual Transmission Small Sedan Car Rental, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Hotel Fees
- Voucher does not include passport and visa fees, Catania City Tax (other taxes included), entrance fees at monuments, local guides, porterage at airports and hotels, gratuities, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, personal expenses, optional tours
- Must be 25 to use rental car, supplements apply for younger drivers
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Similar or better hotels will be substituted based on availability
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Stays must be completed within date range listed on voucher
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 15, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 15, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 15, 2014 • Enjoy By March 15, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 19% savings