In Rockville, Behind Bars and Loving It
Old Jail Inn Parke County • Rockville, IN
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Cell Block Room ($50), EllaTina's Room or Ruth's Room ($60), or a Holding Suite ($60)
- Breakfast Vouchers for Two at the Jailhouse Cafe
- Bottle of Drunk Tank Wine
- Jail Tour for Two
Lovely covered bridges made with woven wooden tresses arch across Parke County's rivers and ravines. Known as the "Covered Bridge Capital of the World," this Indiana township mirrors another era with its stone mills, historic schoolhouses, and thriving Amish community. Here, shoppers will find unique treasures handcrafted by local artisans, as well as guided tours of orchards and farms with back-to-basics experiences like apple picking and tapping trees for maple syrup.
What served as the Parke County jail for nearly 120 years, from 1879 to 1998, has been renovated and converted into Rockville's most unusual hotel, the Old Jail Inn Parke County. Eight of the original cells have been made over into whimsical prison-themed suites, while the original drunk tank downstairs is now home to Drunk Tank Winery, where you'll get a bottle of wine to keep you company during your short sentence. Unlike its original occupants, you'll be treated to a delicious breakfast the next morning at the Jailhouse Cafe next door.
Each of five 7' x 7' Cell Block Rooms features original jail bars with black curtains and shares a common bathroom with other inmates—er, guests. EllaTina's Room and Ruth's Room offer a bit more charm, as they're inspired by the innkeepers' grandmothers. Both rooms, which share a bathroom, face the town square and are appointed with a queen-size pillow-top bed and a sitting area with futon. Each of two themed Holding Suites (Harley Davidson and Bonnie & Clyde) offer private bathrooms, a queen-size pillow-top bed, and a bunk bed.
"Not only can you hang out in the drunk tank, but you can go inside the old tunnel that once led to the courthouse across the street."-- WTHITV
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, 1 additional as a gift; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through February 28, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes breakfast vouchers for two at Jailhouse Cafe next door, one bottle of Drunk Tank Wine, and tour of jail for two
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; additional guests may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $20 per person
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2014 • Enjoy By February 28, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings