Athens and Rome, Gateways to Antiquity
go-today • Athens, Greece
- An Eight-Day Tour of Athens and Rome ($1,599 to $2,399 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York, Washington, or Los Angeles to Athens and Rome
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at the Stanley Hotel in Athens and Three Nights at the Holiday Inn Express Rome - San Giovanni
- Six Breakfasts
- One-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Athens
- Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Rome
- Airline Taxes and Airline Fuel Surcharges Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Perhaps more than any other cities in Europe, Athens and Rome reach back to the origins of our civilization, honoring the remnants of thousands of years of culture alongside the flashy modern fixtures of cities that are very much alive.
The past is present in Athens: The ruins of the Acropolis and crumbling columns of the Parthenon sit high above the city for all to see, while to the west, the ancient Agora marketplace once heard the echos of Socrates's public speeches. But the noisier, surging present is always right around the corner, most evident in the high fashion scene on Ermou Street and the nightlife that spills over to morning in the city's Kolonaki neighborhood.
Rome's antiquities are more layered—with the columns and monuments of each successive empire erected on the foundations laid by the last—but no less evocative. The jagged facade of the Colosseum to the southeast and the gilded moldings of the Vatican to the northwest bookend the city. In between, bikes, motorcycles, and buses full of tourists jockey for space on the narrow streets, while stylish Italians in suits and sunglasses hurry past cafés, trattorias, and gelaterias.
Experience urban civilization in all its frenetic phases—from antiquity to 21st century—with this eight-day tour of Athens and Rome from go-today.
day 1: Board your flight from New York City, Washington, or Los Angeles to Athens.
days 2, 3, and 4: You'll enjoy three days and nights to explore Athens as you please. If you're not sure where to start, use your one-day pass for a hop-on, hop-off bus tour of the city. The tour runs daily, departing from Syntagma Square every 30 minutes, and includes pre-recorded commentary in ten languages. Along the way, you'll stop at sites like the Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Zeus, Panathenaic Stadium, Archeological Museum, and Omonia Square.
Three nights at The Stanley Hotel. Daily breakfast provided.
days 5, 6, and 7: After taking an included flight from Athens to Rome, you'll have three days to scout around the Italian capital. See the highlights using a two-day pass for a hop-on, hop-off bus tour of Rome. The tour runs 364 days per year (except December 25), and departs every 20 minutes from Via Marsala and every 60 minutes from Largo di Villa Peretti, both near Termini Train Station. Stops include the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, the Colosseum, Circo Massimo, Piazza Venezia, the Vatican, the Trevi Fountain, and Piazza Barberini.
Three Nights at the Holiday Inn Express Rome - San Giovanni. Daily breakfast provided.
day 8: After checking out of the hotel, head for the airport to catch your return flight to the US.
New York City (NYC) departures: January 15, 2014 ($1,599); February 5, 2014 ($1,599); March 12, 2014 ($1,699); April 2, 2014 ($1,799); May 14, 2014 ($1,799); June 11, 2014 ($2,199); July 30 ($2,199)
Washington, DC (WAS) departures: January 15, 2014 ($1,699); February 5, 2014 ($1,699); March 12, 2014 ($1,899); April 2, 2014 ($1,899); May 14, 2014 ($1,899); July 30, 2014 ($2,299)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: January 15, 2014 ($1,799); February 5, 2014 ($1,899); March 12, 2014 ($1,999); April 2, 2014 ($2,199); May 14, 2014 ($2,199); June 11, 2014 ($2,399); July 30, 2014 ($2,399)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"Visitors will leave impressed with [Athens's] vibrant streets and relaxed lifestyle, where people take time out for endless coffees and evening strolls, dine out until late, and enjoy the city’s nightlife long after the rest of Europe has gone to bed."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; all dates must be confirmed by November 20, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $400
- Includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at the Stanley Hotel in Athens and Three Nights at the Holiday Inn Express Rome - San Giovanni, Six Breakfasts, One-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Athens, Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Rome, Airline Taxes and Airline Fuel Surcharges
- Does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, Rome City Tax paid at checkout, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 30, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 30, 2014 • Enjoy By July 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings