Peace and Nature in the Lost River Valley
Guesthouse Lost River • Lost River, WV
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a King or Queen Room, Fridays and Saturdays
- $25 Dining Credit per Night
- Bottle of Wine
- Late 12 p.m. Checkout
- Two Cocktails at The Guesthouse Bar & Lounge
- 10% Off a Signature Massage
Miles from the nearest stoplight, with the George Washington National Forest at its doorstep, the Guesthouse Lost River is about as peaceful as it gets. And to think it's only two hours from Washington, DC. Tucked away on 30 acres of private land less than a mile from its namesake river, this 18-room mountain getaway boasts the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the amenities of a resort—restaurant, spa, fitness center, indoor Jacuzzi, steam room, 10,000-square-foot main lodge with billiards table, multiple fireplaces, and more. Even after 31 years, the Guesthouse Lost River is still earning nods from publications around the nation for its rural charm and beautiful scenery.
Rooms are located in five buildings and cottages and are each uniquely appointed, many with hand-carved wood furnishings and cozy patchwork blankets, and each is equipped with one king, one queen, or two queen beds, a private bathroom, and an outdoor seating area—complete with rocking chair—overlooking the rolling hills and mountain ridges. In the morning, treat yourself to a chef's choice full country breakfast, with selections that range from biscuits with sausage gravy, fresh fruit, buttermilk pancakes, bacon, eggs, and more.
All signs point toward gorgeous hikes and adventures along the ruggedly beautiful George Washington National Forest and its Great North Mountain Trail System, with sights such as Big Schloss and Tibbet Knob. You'll discover activities plentiful and peaceful at Lost River State Park, open year-round with plenty of hiking trails and beautiful views of two states and five counties.
For dinner, clean up your boots for a trip to the inn's on-site restaurant where you'll sup on seasonal farm-to-table cuisine like locally raised, all-natural Angus beef meatballs, locally raised poultry dishes, and made-from-scratch soups and desserts. Pair each plate with a carefully selected varietal from the extensive wine list.
For additional information, visit The Guesthouse Lost River on Facebook.
"The Guesthouse Lost River was an excellent experience. Wonderfully friendly and professional staff, and a beautiful property made our stay perfect. I'd highly recommend it."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays December 6, 2013 through May 18, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Valid for check-in on Fridays only
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes one $25 dining credit each night (may not be applied to taxes or gratuity), one bottle of wine, two cocktail vouchers at The Guesthouse Bar and Lounge, late 12pm checkout, 10% Signature Massage Discount (Signature Massage discount is valid on advance reservations only; subject to massage cancellation policy)
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 18 or over to check-in and 21 to receive wine/drink benefits
- Upgrades available for an additional $140 (Guesthouse Suite) or $110 (Builtmore Suite); please inquire with merchant at time of reservation
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 18, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 18, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 18, 2014 • Enjoy By May 18, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings