A Window to Ancient China
China Travel International • Beijing, China
- A Nine-Day Trip to Beijing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai ($999 to $1,699 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Houston via Air China; Seattle and Chicago via Hainan Air; Vancouver via China Eastern; and Toronto via Air Canada
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Four Points by Sheraton or Traders By Shangri-la in Beijing, One Night at Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou in Shanghai, One Night at Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort in Hangzhou, and Two Nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel in Shanghai
- Seven Buffet Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Two Dinners
- One Extra Night at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel in Shanghai and One Extra Breakfast if Traveling from Chicago
- Giant Panda Bear Visit
- English-Speaking Tour Guide Throughout
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Admissions, and Accident Insurance Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
A multifaceted, modern country with more than 5,000 years of history, China has an essence that can't be contained in mere words. From the mega metropolises of Beijing and Shanghai on the east coast to the expanses of farmland that roll west toward the Himalayas, this massive county is home to more than 1 billion people. Travelers can see the past reflected in the solid gaze of a jade Buddha and the stony towers of the Great Wall of China, or catch a glimpse of the future in the space-age architecture of the Beijing National Stadium. Between strolling the open expanses of the Forbidden City and watching giant pandas roll in the snow at the famous Beijing Zoo, every visit to this vast land is the trip of a lifetime.
Let the experts of China Travel International open the door to a whole world of history and culture with this nine-day tour of Beijing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai.
day 1: Take off on an overnight flight from the US to Beijing, crossing the International Date Line. You'll lose a calendar day here, but get it back on your return flight.
day 3: Your time in the Chinese capital begins with a full-day tour of Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Summer Palace. Along the way, you'll stroll beside Lake Kunming and stop at the Pearl Factory for an introduction to freshwater pearls.
Overnight at the Four Points by Sheraton Beijing or Traders by Shangri-La. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 4: Hike along the Great Wall of China, one of the seven greatest man-made wonders of the world and an icon of China. Then, stop at the Jade Museum to learn the history of jade, which has a four-thousand year history in China. After your group stops to spend time in a sanctuary housing a giant panda, the rest of the afternoon is free to shop and explore Wangfujing, Beijing's must see shopping strip.
Overnight at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing or Traders By Shangri-La. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 5: You'll catch a flight to Shanghai in the morning, where you'll explore Shanghai Old Street. From here, catch a bus to Suzhou—nicknamed "Venice of the East"—to wander the 1,100-year-old Shan Tang Street.
Overnight at the Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 6: Visit the Lingering Garden, a classical Chinese garden recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then it's off to the Silk Spinning Factory to learn about the art of silk work. You'll board an afternoon bus to Hangzhou—one of the seven capitals of ancient China and famed for its tea—and take a small boat out on the West Lake for views of the willow-draped islands and centuries-old Su Causeway.
Overnight at the Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 7: Begin your day at the Green Tea Village before catching a ride back to Shanghai. There, you'll stop at the Bund, a historic waterfront district running along the western bank of the Huangpu River, and the Gem Exhibition Center.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 8: Enjoy a free day to explore Shanghai.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 9: You'll be driven to the airport to board a flight returning to the US.
San Francisco (SFO) departures: January 23 and 27 ($999); February 6, 14, 17, 20, and 24 ($1,199); March 29 ($1,399); April 19 and 26 ($1,499)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: February 14 ($1,199); February 22 and 28 ($1,299); March 7 and 29 ($1,399); April 11 and 25 ($1,499)
New York (JFK) departures: February 15 and 28 ($1,399); March 22 and 29 ($1,499); and April 19 and 26 ($1,599)
Houston (IAH) departures: February 14 and 28 ($1,299), and April 11 and 25 ($1,499)
Chicago (ORD) departures: February 23 ($1,399); March 16 and 23 and April 6 and 13 ($1,499)
Seattle (SEA) departures: March 7, 14, and 28 ($1,499); and April 11 and 25 ($1,599)
Vancouver (YVR) departures: March 22 and April 5 and 19 ($1,499)
Toronto (YYZ) departures: February 18 ($1,599) and March 11 and April 22 ($1,699)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"Antique yet up-to-the-minute, familiar yet unrecognizable, outwardly urban but quintessentially rural, conservative yet path-breaking, space-age but old-fashioned, China is a land of mesmerizing and eye-opening contradictions."-- Lonely Planet
"In China right now having the time of my life on this tour. Would STRONGLY recommend. My travel companions and I are blown away by the value we have received with this trip. Unbelievable on all accounts."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by December 18, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information contact 888-410-4111; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Double Occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $420. China Travel International offers roommate-matching, contact them with questions
- Includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Four Points by Sheraton or or Traders By Shangri-la in Beijing, One Night at Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou, One Night at Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort, and Two Nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, Seven Buffet Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Two Dinners, English-Speaking Tour Guide Throughout, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Admissions, and Accident Insurance
- Does not include processing of China Visa ($140 Chinese Consulate and $39 by China Travel International for US passport holders and Chinese Consulate charge of C$83.6 per Canadian Passport for single entry visa) other medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, gratuities of $8 per person per day and any costs not specified as included
- Other major U.S. airports might be available at a higher price. Please contact 888-410-4111
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- All deal components must be redeemed during one trip; voucher cannot be used for only room and ticket or return flight will be canceled
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 26, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 26, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 26, 2014 • Enjoy By April 26, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings