Where Wine Meets Water in Southern Maryland
Woodlawn Bed & Breakfast • Ridge, MD
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($199) or Fridays and Saturdays ($249)
- Bottle of Wine from Slack Winery
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
Heading south of the Beltway on Route 4 or 5, leaving the frenzy of DC in your wake as you coast farther and farther into Southern Maryland, a funny thing starts to happen. Eight lanes of traffic become four, four become two, and like the agricultural communities that float past the car window, your mind begins to move a bit more slowly. Dense clusters of trees flank fields where old tobacco barns punctuate fields of soybeans, winter wheat, fruit trees and—still occasionally—tobacco in Southern Maryland's Amish country. Before long you are at Woodlawn Bed & Breakfast, Maryland's very first estate and an antidote to big-city blues.
Awarded the Grand Prize by the National Trust for Historic Preservation at the Great American Home Awards, this 200-acre estate—boasting the tasting room of Slack Winery—is a virtual trip back in time. Painstakingly restored in the 1970s and '80s, the manor features nearly all of the original woodwork and the same brick ends and wood-frame facade that its builders erected in 1798.
Today it offers seven suites in the Manor Home and cottages, each one appointed with modern amenities and comfortable furnishings. Each suite comes with a private bath and high-speed Internet, and all are on the water, boasting spectacular views and acres of lawns and gardens to explore. Enjoy a seat in the bank of rocking chairs that face Virginia as the waters of Calvert Creek, the St. Mary's River, and the great Potomac flow into the Chesapeake Bay. Or, relax in the Manor House, where you'll find two sitting rooms stocked with garden, history, and wedding-planning books.
Start your day with breakfast at Woodlawn and finish with dinner at one of three classic Maryland seafood restaurants within a mile of Woodlawn. Seven miles south is Point Lookout State Park, where Confederate soldiers were held and healed in the fort and hospital. Historic St. Mary's City, Maryland's capital for its first 50 years, is also just five miles north.Be sure to grab a map of the nearby country stores, seafood haunts, craft and local gift stores, and other local treasures upon check-in.
Treat your palate to a Slack wine tasting at The Wine Cottage at Woodlawn. With its 15 wines—including three sparkling varieties (one red, one pink, and one exceptional Mèthode Champenoise), rich whites, dry and demi-sec blushes, and award-winning reds—Slack is one of Maryland's premier makers of premium wines.
"We had a great time at Woodlawn B&B. Jim, Tucker, and Maggie were great hosts, the grounds and setting are beautiful and relaxing, the house charming, and the wine was very good!"-- LivingSocial Member
"Jim and Maggie were great! The place was beautiful and well maintained. The wine was also amazing."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 3 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through April 10, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes one bottle of wine
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 21 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Please inquire about children and pets at time of reservation
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 10, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 10, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 10, 2014 • Enjoy By April 10, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings