Grass is Always Greener on the Emerald Isle
- A Seven-Day Trip to Dublin, Tralee, and Dunboyne, Ireland ($1,199 to $2,399 per Person*), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York City, Washington DC, or Los Angeles to Dublin, Ireland
- A Seven-Day Economy Automatic Car Rental with Unlimited Mileage, Collision Damage Waiver, Theft Protection, and Third-Party Fire and Theft Protection
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at a Four-Star Hotel or Converted Castle in Dublin, Two Nights at a Three-Star Hotel in Tralee, and One Night at a Four-Star Hotel or Converted Castle in Dunboyne
- Six Breakfasts
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Entrance Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Discover modernity juxtaposed with history on a trip to Dublin, Ireland's largest city in both size and personality. Old meets new here, where the classic Georgian homes on the banks of the Liffey River now have candy-colored doors, and the pubs of Temple Bar play a fair share of storied jigs alongside contemporary hits.
But it's the long-standing traditions that continue to unify the ever-changing city with smaller locales in the country. In Tralee, visitors can hear the tales of centuries-old battles as they see the hand-built stonewalls and abounding hills that give the Emerald Isle its name. The Kerry County Museum recreates what life would have been like in medieval times, while Siamsa Tíre is the national headquarters for folk theater.
Immerse yourself in Irish history—and relive the stories over foamy pints of Guinness—on this seven-day trip to Ireland, courtesy of go-today.
day 1: Board your overnight flight from the US to Dublin.
day 2, 3, and 4: Once you land and pick up your rental car, Dublin is yours to explore. Start at the Guinness Storehouse, which is open for self-guided tours from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day for €14.85, or approximately $20. As the pride of the Guinness brand, the building houses seven floors of exhibitions topped off by the Gravity Bar, which offers pints of beer and 360-degree views of the Dublin cityscape from its rooftop perch.
Purchase a tour from the Dublin Tourism Office, where daily hop-on, hop-off tours depart every 15 minutes. These 90-minute tours follow two routes with 25 stops in total, including Trinity College, the Dublin Zoo, Guinness, and other major attractions. An expert guide or pre-recorded commentary will narrate throughout the trip.
Three nights at a four-star hotel or converted castle in Dublin. Breakfast provided.
day 5 and 6: Drive about 3.5 hours southwest to Tralee, where you'll have two days to explore County Kerry. Discover Irish culture and entertainment at Siamsa Tíre, or enjoy the Emerald Isle's greenery in the new, 25-acre Lee Valley Activity and Nature Park. Here, guests can go on a safari-style boat ride, climb a tower for a breathtaking panoramic view, or simply enjoy a walk along the hiking trails. For nighttime fun, try Roundy's: This pub was converted from a terrace house and courtyard, which explains the ash tree growing up through the middle of the bar. Enjoy live music Thursday through Sunday nights, or just stop in to dine and chat with locals.
Two nights at a three-star hotel in Tralee. Breakfast provided.
day 7: Drive back to Dublin, stopping just 20 minutes north of the capital in the town of Dunboyne. This bedroom community is known as an "inland island," as it's only accessible by bridges. Take the day to explore the quaint charms of Dunboyne, or to see anything you might have missed in Dublin.
Overnight at a four-star hotel or converted castle in Dunboyne. Breakfast provided.
day 8: Return your rental car and board your flight back to the US. Your trip may end here, but you'll be able to count yourself among the lucky travelers who've seen the green grandeur of Ireland.
New York City (NYC): December 9, 2013, and January 13 ($1,199); February 17 ($1,299); March 17 ($1,499); April 21 and May 12 ($1,599); and June 16 ($1,799)
Washington DC (WAS): December 9, 2013, and January 13 ($1,299); February 17 ($1,399); March 17 ($1,599); April 21 ($1,799); May 12 ($1,999); and June 16 ($2,199)
Los Angeles (LAX): December 9, 2013, and January 13 ($1,399); February 17 ($1,499); March 17 ($1,799); April 21 ($1,899); May 12 ($1,999); and June 16 ($2,399)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy
"It's easy to fall for charming, crazy, colorful Dublin. The laid-back Irish capital is a somehow harmonious blend of Victorian pubs, rows of elegant Georgian town houses in silvery stone, and glittering modern buildings."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Purchasers selecting December 9th departures must confirm their booking by November 26; all other dates must be confirmed by December 9, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $600
- Includes Seven-Day Economy Automatic Car Rental with Unlimited Mileage, Collision Damage Waiver, Theft Protection, and Third-Party Fire and Theft Protection, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at a Four-Star Hotel or Converted Castle in Dublin, Two Nights at a Three-Star Hotel in Tralee, and One Night at a Four-Star Hotel or Converted Castle in Dunboyne, Six Breakfasts, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Entrance Fees
- Does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Go-today will be closed on Friday, November 22 and Saturday the 23 and will be able to redeem vouchers on Sunday, November 24
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 16, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 16, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 16, 2014 • Enjoy By June 16, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings