Beguiled By the Beauty of Madrid and Lisbon
- A Seven-Day Trip to Madrid and Lisbon ($1,499 to $2,299 per Person), Including:
- Flight from New York, Washington, or Los Angeles to Madrid and Return Flight from Lisbon to New York, Washington, or Los Angeles
- Flight from Madrid to Lisbon
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Hotel Ganivet (or Similar) in Madrid and Three Nights at Holiday Inn Lisbon Continental (or Similar) in Lisbon
- Six Breakfasts
- Two-Day Hop-On/Hop-Off City Tours in Madrid and Lisbon
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Entrance Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
There's something freeing about Madrid. Untethered from strict construction, the Spanish capital lives by its own rules and welcomes an innumerable amount of definitions. Begin your quest for the right adjectives with food, as Madrid is known as a gastronomical hub of wines, meats, and chocolates served street-side on the wide boulevards and in world-class restaurants. After one too many tapas, stroll cobbled streets ornamented with centuries-old churches, and unwind at one of several sprawling parks. Museums and flea markets will offer a calm foil to the city's nightlife, which runs steadily into the early morning.
On the coast of Portugal, just a few hundred miles from the Strait of Gilbralter, Lisbon is simultaneously a bustling Atlantic port city and gateway to the Mediterranean. Domed basilicas, frenetic markets, and secluded city gardens converge to create the unique cadence of Lisboeta life. The notes of fado songs—melancholy Portuguese ballads—echo from tiny patio taverns. The smell of fresh-caught seafood wafts through al fresco restaurants in the Alfama quarter or along Bairro Alto. And down narrow lanes, clotheslines strung between open windows sway as clean laundry billows in the breeze.
For a double dose of European culture, cuisine, and cosmopolitan flair, take this seven-day trip to Madrid and Lisbon, courtesy of go-today.
day 1: Board your overnight flight from New York, Los Angeles, or Washington, DC, to Madrid.
day 2, 3, and 4: Explore Madrid at your own pace over the next three days. Use the included two-day passes for a hop-on/hop-off tour of the city in an open-roof double-decker bus. The 80-minute tour has two different routes that cover historical and modern Madrid. You'll be driven through elegant squares and bustling broad boulevards, showcasing unknown angles of this modern metropolis.
Three nights at Hotel Ganivet (or similar). Daily breakfast provided.
day 5: Board your flight to Lisbon and spend the rest of the day at your own leisure.
Overnight at the Holiday Inn Lisbon Continental (or similar). Breakfast provided.
day 6 and 7: See all of Lisbon with ease using a two-day pass for a hop-on/hop-off tour. Beginning at Marques de Pombal Square, you can explore the city's key sights, museums, gardens, and attractions. Highlights include: Sé Cathedral, the Tower Vasco da Gama, and the Lisbon Oceanarium.
Two nights at the Holiday Inn Lisbon Continental (or similar). Daily breakfast provided.
day 8: Head to the airport for your flight back the the US.
New York (NYC) departures: June 23 ($1,999); July 14, August 4 ($1,899); September 3, October 20 ($1,599); November 17, December 1, January 5, February 2 ($1,499)
Washington, DC (WAS) departures: June 23 ($2,099); July 14, August 4 ($1,999); September 3, October 20 ($1,699); November 17, December 1, January 5, February 2 ($1,499)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: June 23, July 14, August 4 ($2,299); September 3, October 20 ($1,899); November 17, December 1, January 5, February 2 ($1,799)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"Madrid is entrenched in tradition, but the people are in constant motion—museum-hopping, street-strolling, tapas-eating, and sangria-drinking."-- AFAR Magazine
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; all dates must be confirmed by May 9, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $400 due at booking
- Includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Hotel Ganivet (or Similar) in Madrid and Three Nights at Holiday Inn Lisbon Continental (or Similar) in Lisbon, Six Breakfasts, Two-Day Hop-On/Hop-Off City Tours in Madrid and Lisbon, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Entrance Fees
- Does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 2, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 2, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 2, 2015 • Enjoy By February 2, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms