Explore the Great Outdoors in Longdale
Firmstone Manor • Longdale, VA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($165) or Fridays and Saturdays ($209)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Beverage, Chocolates, and a Fruit Basket
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Four Nights
Kayaking, hiking, biking, fishing, and more lie just outside this beautifully restored Longdale estate.
Hidden among the gently rolling hills of the Shenandoah Valley, the village of Longdale Furnace is the sort of settlement an early American president would have fashioned: Sprawling green spaces are dotted with well-tended vineyards and elegant country mansions. Once home to one of the 14 iron furnaces that supplied the Confederate Army, the 20,000-acre Firmstone estate mostly has been incorporated into the National Forest system. Nowadays, the homestead provides history buffs, antique hunters, and outdoor enthusiasts with a scenic base for adventures in the surrounding valley.
A 19th-century estate that was once the center of society in Longdale, Firmstone Manor continues to entertain guests from around the world on its 13 lush acres. The lovingly restored Queen Anne Victorian house contains six rooms featuring period antiques—including some of the house's original furniture—private baths, 800-thread-count sheets, and views of the Alleghany Mountains. Explore the expansive grounds and you'll encounter century-old shade trees, manicured lawns perfect for croquet or bocce ball, and a quiet hearth where guests can curl up with a paperback. Enjoy a hearty breakfast inside the house—or in the gazebo, weather permitting—before heading out to explore nearby Lexington or take advantage of the natural splendor of the Shenandoah Valley.
In addition to the nearby kayaking, canoeing, hiking, and biking opportunities at Douthat State Park, plenty of activities lie within 15 minutes of Firmstone Manor. Visitors can play nine holes of golf at the nearby Cliftondale Country Club, take a tour of the historic Ridgely Gardens, learn about the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway at the C&O Railway Heritage Center, take a class at Alleghany Highlands Arts & Crafts Center, and catch a free weekend performance at the Historic Masonic Theatre. If you feel like exploring farther out, Jefferson Pools, Rockbridge Vineyard, and Lexington Valley Vineyard are within 30 minutes of Firmstone Manor.
"The manor is a huge house the owner refurbished herself and it's wonderful. She was a gracious host and [provided] made-to-order breakfast whenever we decided to amble downstairs. Will definitely return."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays May 1, 2014 through September 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily breakfast with beverage, chocolates and fruit basket
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Children and pets are welcome at the property
- Additional nights may be added to reservation for $65 (Sundays through Thursdays only), based on availability
- Blackout date(s): June 29 - July 6, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • Enjoy By September 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings