Chill Out on the Caribbean Coastline
JetSet Vacations •
- An Eight-Day Tour for Two of Costa Rica and Panama ($1,749), Including:
- Private Ground Transportation from SJO Airport to Puerto Viejo; Shared Ground Transportation from Puerto Viejo to Bocas del Toro, and from Bocas del Toro to San José; and Private Ground Transportation from San José to SJO Airport
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights in a Two-Bed Bungalow at La Costa Papito in Puerto Viejo, and Three Nights in a Standard Room at Playa Tortuga Hotel in Bocas del Toro, One Night in a Double Room at Autentico Hotel in San José
- Daily Breakfast and One Lunch
- Jaguar Animal Rescue Center Wildlife Tour, Local Indigenous Chocolate Farm Tour, and Volio Waterfall Tour
Combine Latin America's sexiest stretches of sand with laid-back Afro-Cuban influences, and you've got Costa Rica's and Panama's Caribbean coastline. Descend from Costa Rica's rugged interior to the palm-studded shores of Puerto Viejo, whose legendary Salsa Brava break has been drawing seasoned surfers for decades. But there's plenty more to Puerto Viejo than paddling out: This colorful Tico town works hard to protect its indigenous flora and fauna, which include jaguars, howler monkeys, and sloths.
Just a short drive south along a string of half-deserted beaches, the Bocas del Toro Archipelago appears off the northwestern coast of Panama. An idyllic collection of more than 200 islets, it's home to some of the best-preserved hard and soft coral in the world. In addition to being a diver's and snorkeler's mecca, Bocas is also emerging as an ecotourism destination because of its dense rainforest, deserted islands, and local Indian communities. After dark, there's always fun to be had at the funky bars catering to friendly locals and expats.
Enjoy an eight-day Caribbean fantasy filled with dreamy beaches and ocean breezes, courtesy of JetSet Vacations.
day 1: Arrive in San José and board your private transfer from SJO to La Costa de Papito in Puerto Viejo.
Overnight at La Costa de Papito.
day 2: Wake up and enjoy your breakfast before heading out to the Jaguar Animal Rescue Center, which offers shelter, treatment and protection to ill or wounded wild animals in the South Caribbean area. Next, you'll visit an indigenous family that makes chocolate from the cacao trees growing beside their house. You'll see the process by which the cacao fruit is transformed into delicious, unique chocolate. Finally, you'll take a short hike through the jungle (where you can see local plants and butterflies) to the Volio Waterfall, a 12-meter high waterfall in the Talamanca mountains, where you can swim if you'd like.
Overnight at La Costa de Papito. Breakfast included.
day 3: The day is yours to explore Puerto Viejo on your own or relax on the beach.
Overnight at La Costa de Papito. Breakfast included.
day 4: Eat breakfast, then relax during your shared ground transport to Bocas del Toro. Check in at Playa Tortuga Hotel and enjoy the afternoon and evening at your leisure.
Overnight at Playa Tortuga Hotel. Breakfast included.
day 5 and 6: Head outside to enjoy the beach or explore the nearby islands.
Two nights at Playa Tortuga Hotel. Breakfast included.
day 7: After breakfast, board your shared transport back to San José. You'll stop for lunch on Playa Negra in the Puerto Viejo area.
Overnight at Autentico Hotel. Breakfast included.
day 8: Eat breakfast and board your private departure transfer to the San José airport.
"Nearby, you’ll find rainforest fruit farms, and wide-open beaches where the daily itinerary revolves around surfing and snoozing. So, chill a little. Party a little. Eat a little. You’ve come to just the right place."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Only valid for stays January 3 through April 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- All reservations must be made through JetSet Vacations
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests; contact JetSet Vacations for single occupancy pricing
- Jetset Vacations reserves the right to substitute accommodations based on current availability
- Airfare not included; contact JetSet vacations with questions regarding booking flights
- $78.78 tax not included; collected at booking
- $3 per person border crossing (each way) is not included
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): February 25- March 1 and April 12 - 19, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 16, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • Enjoy By April 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings