Horses, and Peacocks, and Sheep, Oh My!
Flip Flop Ranch • Lucerne Valley, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Farmhouse ($250)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two Adults and Two Kids Under 15 in the Farmhouse ($350)
- Daily Country Breakfast
- Hands-On Farm Tour Including Feeding Animals and Milking Goats with the Farmers
Get your hands dirty at a working desert farm in Lucerne Valley—you can bring the kids, too.
Drive two hours east of Los Angeles, past San Bernadino and its mountains, until the suburbs thin out to wide-open land on the fringes of the Mojave Desert. Welcome to Lucerne Valley, where horse ranches, rock formations, and two dry lakes make for strikingly beautiful scenery.
Barnyard buddies and city slickers alike will want to flock to the Flip Flop Ranch, a working 40-acre farm filled with furry friends and yummy breakfasts in the heart of Lucerne Valley. Stay in one of the colorful guest rooms in the bright and airy guesthouse, and experience country life at its best—more than your average farm, the Flip Flop is home to several endangered breeds of livestock and domestic animals. Each morning, you'll wake to a hearty, home-cooked breakfast that includes farm-fresh eggs and pancakes (gluten-free options are also available).
Feel free to roll up your sleeves and get grit under your nails alongside a family of good-natured farmers, learning as you go. Guests pitch in around the property, helping to feed the livestock, collect chicken eggs, and milk the goats. You can bring an apple or carrot to share with the horses, pet a sheep, or take a gander at the gaggle of endangered Cotton Patch geese—the ranch has the largest flock in the world—to learn more about the farm's conservation efforts.
Or, just kick back and enjoy the simple, unhurried atmosphere; you can spend time holding baby goats or napping in the afternoon. At the end of the day, a sky full of stars and roasted marshmallows around the fire will be your sweet rewards.
Check out Flip Flop Ranch on YouTube.
"We had an amazing experience at Flip Flop Ranch! My 5-year-old son who is very shy was so comfortable here. Fantastic people and we learned a lot about what happens on a farm. Definitely would go again!! Highly recommend."-- LivingSocial Member
"It was wonderful! I'll be recommending a trip out to the farm to all of my friends and I plan to come back both on family trips and with my mother."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - June 4, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing reservations
- Voucher includes daily country breakfast and hands-on farm tour including feeding animals and milking goats with the farmers
- Authentic farm stay. Property is not a hotel, resort or bed & breakfast; shared bathrooms, breakfasts are communal
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests (option A) or 2 adults and 2 kids under 15 (option B)
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 2 weeks in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Additional fees apply for all day children's program
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Children are welcome at the property
- Pets are not allowed
- No smoking around the animals
- All inclusive upgrades available for additional fee
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 4, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 4, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 4, 2015 • Enjoy By June 4, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings