Victorian Charm at a B&B in Historic Dover
The Silver Fountain Inn & Tea Parlor • Dover, NH
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Regular Room, Check-In Sundays through Wednesdays ($219) or Fridays or Saturdays ($239), Plus a Bottle of Champagne, Chocolates, a Welcome Bouquet, Early 1 p.m. Check-In, and Complimentary Coffee and Loose Leaf Teas
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Regular Room on February 20 and 21, February 27 and 28, or March 20 and 21, Plus a Murder Mystery Experience That Includes a Dessert Reception, a Five-Course Dinner, and Prizes and Awards ($459)
- Full Breakfast Each Day
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Six Nights
A whodunit weekend for two, complete with five-course dinner, awaits guests at this historic 1871 Victorian bed and breakfast just ten minutes from Portsmouth.
Just an hour's drive from Boston and Portland, Dover claims the title of New Hampshire's oldest town. It's also the largest in the state's Seacoast region, offering both a classic New England vibe and easy access to the Atlantic. And with Portsmouth just 12 miles away, Dover is within minutes of the University of New Hampshire, a handful of great restaurants, the historic waterfront, and a surprisingly robust art scene.
Built in 1871, The Silver Fountain Inn & Tea Parlor—just ten minutes from Portsmouth and the University of New Hampshire—offers three stories of authentic Victorian charm. And because it was with the same family for nearly a century, it's remained a classic, elegant example of post-Civil War architecture, with its Italian carved-plaster ceilings, hand-painted trompe-l'oeil canvas wall coverings, French Caen sandstone fireplaces, Italian slate and French parquet floors, leaded glass windows, Austrian hand-cut crystal doorknobs, and Belgian light fixtures. Each room features a unique design theme, private bath, cable TV, wireless Internet, and more. Wake up each morning to a scrumptious breakfast served in the elegant dining room.
Should you choose to partake in the murder mystery weekend, you'll be treated to a suspense- and fun-filled Saturday evening—complete with costumes—in which guests assume the roles of suspects, murderers, and victims. You'll be free to spend Friday night and Saturday morning as you please. You might consider dining at Orchard Street Chop Shop, enjoying a pint at Thirsty Moose, or exploring the campus at the University of New Hampshire.
On Saturday evening, during a cocktail hour, you'll begin acting out your roles and digging up secrets on the other guests. Before anyone dies, you'll enjoy a sumptuous five-course dinner, during which you'll be in character, attempting to reveal clues about the murderer and his or her motive. After much finger-pointing and framing, the evening ends with secret balloting on who committed the crime and why.
"This place is such a gem! The staff was accommodating, sweet, and generous. The rooms are gorgeous! Breakfast was fresh and filled with so many little treats. Every nook and cranny to this place is memorable."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for travel from January 2 thought May 21, 2015 and for specific Murder Mystery weekends
- Murder Mystery weekends begin on February 20, 27 and March 20; all dates subject to availability
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- All offers include daily full breakfast for two
- Murder Mystery weekends also include a dessert reception on Friday night, a 5-course dinner Saturday night, prizes and awards
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): February 6-7; May 15-16
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 21, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 19, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 21, 2015 • Enjoy By May 21, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings