Picturesque Pleasures, from Cityscapes to Country Castles
Great Value Vacations •
- An Eight-Day Trip to Ireland ($999 to $1,799 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from Boston, New York City, or Chicago to Dublin Airport
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for One Night at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel, Dublin; Two Nights at Kilronan Castle, Roscommon; Two Nights at Glenlo Abbey Hotel, Galway; and One Night at Dunboyne Castle Hotel, Meath
- Manual Shift Car Rental with Unlimited Mileage Included
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Entrance Fees per Itinerary Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
No matter where in Dublin you find yourself, an endless supply of restaurants and (occasionally raucous) pubs will welcome you with laughter and plenty of beer. The city of Joyce, Yeats, and Beckett can be at turns profound and giddy as it pulses with the distinctive personality of the Irish. The city centre hugs the River Liffey, Dublin's main artery, and is crisscrossed by narrow streets lined with centuries-old houses and sleek, modern edifices. Travel beyond the boundaries of the city to explore even more of the Emerald Isle, from the tranquil countryside of Roscommon to culturally rich Galway to Meath, home to historical treasures.
No need for that four-leaf clover, because you're already in luck with this eight-day trip, courtesy of Great Value Vacations.
day 1: Board your overnight flight from Boston, New York City, or Chicago to Dublin Airport.
day 2: Touch down at Dublin Airport, where you'll pick up your rental car and head to your resplendent accommodations at an 18th-century castle overlooking Dublin Bay.
Overnight at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel in Dublin.
days 3 and 4: Head west to County Roscommon, a hidden gem in Connaught favored for its idyllic landscapes brimming with lakes, rivers, and woods. Your tranquil time here is your own to stroll the sleepy streets or spot wildlife at Lough Key Forest Park, a picturesque space that's not to be missed.
Two nights at Kilronan Castle in Roscommon.
days 5 and 6: After an hour and a half's drive southwest, find yourself a world away in Galway City, one of the most populous places in Ireland—with a cornucopia of dining, shopping, and nightlife options to match. A slew of festivals and events throughout the year lends Galway its moniker, "Ireland's Cultural Heart."
Two nights at Glenlo Abbey Hotel in Galway.
day 7: Make your way to Meath, about a two-hour jaunt east. You can see why it's named for an ancient kingdom: Archaic structures, religious ruins, and Brú na Bóinne—a 5,000-year-old archaeological complex and UNESCO World Heritage Site teeming with monuments and megalithic art—offer plenty of glimpses into the past.
Overnight at Dunboyne Castle Hotel in Meath.
day 8: Return your rental car at Dublin Airport, where you'll board your flight home.
Boston (BOS) departures: February 1, 2014 to February 28, 2014 ($1,099); March 1, 2014 to April 30, 2014 ($1,299); May 1, 2014 to June 30, 2014 ($1,499); July 1, 2014 to August 31, 2014 ($1,799)
New York City (JFK) departures: February 1, 2014 to February 28, 2014 ($999); March 1, 2014 to April 30, 2014 ($1,199); May 1, 2014 to June 30, 2014 ($1,399); July 1, 2014 to August 31, 2014 ($1,699)
Chicago (ORD) departures: February 1, 2014 to February 28, 2014 ($1,099); March 1, 2014 to April 30, 2014 ($1,299); May 1, 2014 to June 30, 2014 ($1,499); July 1, 2014 to August 31, 2014 ($1,799)
*Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
"Tiny, and with ever-changing scenery, Ireland is an addictive place to explore. The sheer number of sights, little villages, charming pubs, and adorable restaurants and shops is overwhelming."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be confirmed by January 24, 2014
- Available select days during the listed travel period
- Not valid on group or existing reservations and may not be combined with any other discount of promotions
- Merchant's normal cancellation policy applies; vouchers are non-refundable once travel has been booked unless Cancel for any Reason Trip Protection plan has been purchased which is available from Great Value Vacations at time of booking
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $500
- Prices include taxes, fuel surcharges, and government-imposed fees
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Not eligible for accrual of frequent flyer points/mileage
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for One Night at Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel, Dublin; Two Nights at Kilronan Castle, Roscommon; Two Nights at Glenlo Abbey Hotel, Galway; and One Night at Dunboyne Castle Hotel, Meath, Manual Shift Car Rental with Unlimited Mileage, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Entrance Fees
- Does not include Passport and visa fees (if applicable), gratuities to drivers, local guides, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, all hotel and lodge taxes, entry fees, and costs for anything not specified
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Great Value Vacations is closed on January 1, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2014 • Enjoy By August 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings