The Legendary Cities of China's East Coast
Rewards Travel China •
- A Ten-Day Trip to Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Wuxi ($999 to $1,499 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, or Vancouver to Shanghai Pudong International Airport
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation by Air-Conditioned Tour Bus
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, Two Nights at the Grand Metro Park Hotel Suzhou, One Night at the Grand Metro Park Hotel Hangzhou, and One Night at the Landison Plaza Hotel Wuxi
- Eight Breakfasts, Six Lunches, and Two Dinners
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Admissions Fees per Itinerary Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
A multifaceted, modern country with more than 5,000 years of history, China is difficult to capture in words. From the mega metropolis of Shanghai on the east coast to the large expanses of bucolic farmland that roll west toward the Himalayas, this massive county is home to more than one billion people.
Shanghai stands as a monument to China's tremendous economic achievements, with equally bustling financial and shopping districts packed with nearly 24 million people. Smaller in size but not in personality, Suzhou counts itself among China's great ancient cities. Its classical gardens and network of canals have earned it the nickname "Venice of the East." Despite a population of almost nine million, Hangzhou remains one of the most naturally beautiful places in China, famed for its Longjing tea and the hauntingly lovely West Lake.
See the China of antiquity and today with this ten-day tour of Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Wuxi, courtesy of Rewards Travel China.
day 1: Board your overnight flight from North America to Shanghai. You'll lose a calendar day crossing the International Date Line, but get it back on your return flight.
day 2: Touch down in Shanghai, where a Rewards Travel China representative will meet you for the transfer to your posh digs. The rest of the day is yours to spend as you please.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel.
day 3: The morning begins with a visit to the Bund, a five-block waterfront promenade that runs along the western bank of the Huangpu River. Many of Shanghai's banks and trading houses are located here. Then, it's off the Nanjing Road, the city's world-famous shopping district. Your tour of Shanghai ends at the Shanghai Tianmai Jade Museum, after which you'll board the bus for an hour-long drive to Suzhou—nicknamed "Venice of the East." The elegant city is home to eight major gardens and temples, together constituting a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You'll see the Lingering Garden, one of China's most famous classical gardens.
Overnight at the Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 4: Today, you'll tour the Master of Nets Garden, a classical private garden with 800 years of history. From here, your group will head to the Suzhou Silk Factory and the Suzhou Embroidery Research Institute. After lunch, you'll travel to Tongli, an archetypal Wu region town set on a network of canals.
Overnight at the Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 5: Your tour continues with a bus ride to Wuxi, where you'll visit picturesque Turtle's Head Park set on Taihu Lake. Later, set out to see the Great Buddha at Lingshan, the world's largest statue of the Sakyaminu Buddha. This bronze colossus stands 289 feet tall alone; perched atop its lotus flower pedestal, the entire structure measures over 330 feet.
Overnight at the Landison Plaza Hotel Wuxi. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 6: Stop to see the Fresh Water Pearl Farm before departing Wuxi en route to Hangzhou, famed for its exquisite natural beauty and teas. You'll take a small boat out on the West Lake for views of the willow-draped islands and centuries-old Su Causeway. Next stop will be Jing Ci Temple, an important Buddhist monument dating back to 954 AD.
Overnight at the Grand Metropark Hotel Hangzhou. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 7: You'll spend the morning visiting the Green Tea Village for a cup of China's famous Longjing tea, then board your bus for the drive back to Shanghai. The afternoon will be devoted to exploring the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center, where you can learn about the city's past, present, and future.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 8: Start your day at the Shanghai Museum, home of ancient and modern Chinese stone sculpture, bronze ware, porcelain, calligraphy, and painting. After visiting the Carpet Factory, you'll break for lunch. The afternoon brings you to the City God Temple Bazaar, where specialty vendors sell traditional Chinese arts and crafts, medicine, and souvenirs.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 9: Today will be free or scheduled activities, giving you time to explore Shanghai as you please.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 10: Rise and shine with a final breakfast in Shanghai before heading to the airport for your return flight to North America.
New York (JFK) Departures: March 16, March 30, April 15, April 24 ($1,499)
Chicago (ORD) Departures: February 27 ($999); March 13, March 27 ($1,399); April 10, April 24, May 1 ($1,499)
San Francisco (SFO) Departures: March 13, March 27 ($1,399); April 10 ($1,499)
Los Angeles (LAX) Departures: February 27 ($1,299); March 13, March 27 ($1,399); April 10, April 24, May 1 ($1,499)
Vancouver (YVR) Departures: February 27 ($1,299); March 13, March 27 ($1,399); April 10, April 24, May 1 ($1,499)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"Our trip to China was a fantastic experience. Rewards Travel China did an excellent job."-- LivingSocial Member
"Far exceeded my highest expectations. Skill, organization, experience, knowledge, and attention to details were outstanding."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by February 16, 2014
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $399
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. Once reservation is complete, no cancellation is allowed. We would strongly recommend you to purchase travel insurance to protect your travel investment
- Includes Round-Trip Ground Transportation by Air-Conditioned Tour Bus, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, Two Nights at the Grand Metro Park Hotel Suzhou, One Night at the Grand Metro Park Hotel Hangzhou, and One Night at the Landison Plaza Hotel Wuxi, Eight Breakfasts, Six Lunches, and Two Dinners, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Admissions Fees per Itinerary and all Chinese local transport fees and taxes
- Does not include processing of China Visa, gratuities of $100 per person, other medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance
- All fees are due at booking
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other major US airports available ATL, BOS, DFW, HOU, MIA, MSP, LGA (VIA ORD) for $299 to be collected at time of booking; subject to availability
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 1, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 25, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 1, 2014 • Enjoy By May 1, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings