A Fantasy World Springs to Life in New Zealand
- A Ten-Day Trip to New Zealand and Tahiti ($2,199 to $2,299 per Person), Including:
- Flights from Los Angeles to Auckland, Auckland to Tahiti, and Tahiti to Los Angeles, via Air Tahiti Nui
- Ground Transportation via Rental Car in New Zealand and Shuttles in Tahiti
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for One Night at Copthorne Hotel Auckland City in Auckland, Two Nights at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua in Rotorua, Two Nights at Lakeland Resort in Taupo, and Three Nights at Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti in Tahiti
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Boasting nearly every environment on the planet, it's no wonder New Zealand hits the nature-lover's sweet spot. The sparkling waters and emerald-green islands of Auckland, the City of Sails, give way to volcanic landscapes typically only found on movie sets. After an evening exploring the harbor views and hip wine bars of Auckland, make your way south to Rotorua, a spa town steeped in mud pools and geothermal hot springs. Between gawking at geysers and wading in the healing waters, adrenaline junkies can sample everything from hang-gliding to rafting over waterfalls. Afterwards, unwind on tranquil Lake Taupo, where the stunning views are matched only by the size of the rainbow trout.
A three-night stopover in Tahiti takes the edge off the journey home. Not the typical island paradise, Tahiti's features include black-sand beaches, mountainous landscapes, and breathtaking waterfalls.
From glacier-covered mountains to bubbling hot springs, this ten-day, eight-night trip to New Zealand and Tahiti from PacificIslands.com dishes up a smorgasbord of scenery.
day 1: Board your flight from Los Angeles International Airport to Auckland International Airport.
day 2: Arrive in Auckland and pick up your included rental car. Drive to the four-star Copthorne Hotel Auckland City, where you can drop off your bags before heading out to explore the city on your own. See the sights by buying a pass for a hop-on, hop-off bus tour of Auckland. Try Rakinos for good food and great tunes—this High Street spot is the perfect place to dance the night away.
Overnight at Copthorne Hotel Auckland City.
days 3 and 4: Buckle up for an adventure as you drive south to Rotorua. Opt to take a detour and participate in a guided boat tour of the Waitomo caves, famous for the tiny glowworms that illuminate the walls, also at your own expense.
Rotorua is aptly nicknamed Sulphur City for its unusual scent, but never mind the aroma—the sights are breathtaking to behold. Experience this geothermal playground firsthand as you explore bursting geysers, hot springs, mud pools, and fizzing craters. The next day is yours to explore the wonders of Rotorua at your own pace.
Two nights at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua.
days 5 and 6: Drive an hour southwest of Rotorua to Taupo, where the massive namesake lake is the perfect spot for waterskiing, parasailing, jet-skiing, kayaking, and fishing. Don't forget to stop by the Huka Falls lookout, where visitors can see the splendor of Tongariro National Park.
Two nights at Lakeland Resort.
days 7, 8, and 9: Drive back to Auckland, where you'll return the rental car and board your flight to Tahiti. You'll be greeted at Fa'a'ā International Airport by your shuttle, which will drive you to the Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti, a four-star luxury hotel set amidst an island paradise. Here, thoroughly modern guest rooms are set on a half-mile-long beach and accented with Polynesian artwork. An infinity pool and award-winning spa make spoiling yourself simple, while Tahitian dance shows and cooking classes add a dash of culture.
Three nights at Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti.
day 10: Check out of the hotel and board your flight from Tahiti to Los Angeles, ending your unforgettable trip to the South Pacific.
March 25 ($2,299) or April 1, April 22, May 6, May 13, May 20, May 27, June 10, or June 3 ($2,199)
"New Zealand has spectacular scenery from top to bottom; its two main islands encompass nearly every environment on the planet: glaciers, white-sand beaches, fjords, rain forests, alpine lakes, agricultural plains, and volcanic craters and cones."-- Read Fodor's Review of New Zealand
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by February 20, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.pacificislands.com/terms-and-conditions.asp
- Vouchers are non-refundable after vouchers are redeemed
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $690
- Includes Ground Transportation via Rental Car in New Zealand and Shuttles in Tahiti, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for One Night at Copthorne Hotel Auckland City in Auckland, Two Nights at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua in Rotorua, Two Nights at Lakeland Resort in Taupo, and Three Nights at Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti in Tahiti, Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Does not include gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees, passport (valid for at least 6 months from travel date), Tahiti City Stay Tax (approx. $1.5 per day) and the Hotel Resort Fee (approx. $12 per day)
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 10, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 19, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 10, 2014 • Enjoy By June 10, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings