Eco-Friendly Charm in Picturesque Bayfield
Pinehurst Inn • Bayfield, WI
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($195) or Fridays and Saturdays ($229), in the Birches Room, Brownstone Room, Whispering Pines Room, or Catherine Rittenhouse Suite
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Wine
- Box of Local Artisanal Chocolates
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
Green and gorgeous, this countryside retreat near Lake Superior offers fresh breakfast fare and fresh-air activities year-round.
The gateway to the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore (comprising 21 islands and 12 miles of scenic mainland on Lake Superior), Bayfield, Wisconsin, has grown from a small fishing village into one of the state's most attractive getaway towns. Boutique art galleries and country-style restaurants mingle with picturesque lighthouses, while downhill and crosscountry skiing, snowshoeing, and dogsledding provide outdoorsy types with plentiful opportunities for winter recreation. In the warmer months, visitors find adventure in sea kayaking, hiking, biking, and exploring the area's famous ice caves.
The eight-room Pinehurst Inn, serenely situated about three miles from downtown, is divided into two distinct houses. The historic Main House, built in 1883, comprises five bedrooms, including the Catherine Rittenhouse Suite. The Garden House was fashioned entirely from green building materials in 2003. It features three rooms (Birches, Brownstone, and Whispering Pines) that exude an old-fashioned charm without sacrificing comfort and style. Each is appointed with a king- or queen-size bed, a jetted tub, and a fireplace, while some offer private decks.
What's more, the inn prides itself on providing an eco-friendly environment from which to enjoy this picturesque region, boasting a number of Green certifications for its use of solar panels, energy-efficient materials, and non-toxic cleaning supplies. But that's only the beginning. Flower and vegetable gardens transform the property into a sort of Eden throughout the spring, summer, and fall, while a robust composting program ensures that very little goes to waste. Not that wastefulness is a problem here: Guests rave about the delicious breakfast of free-range organic eggs, fruits and veggies from the Pinehurst gardens, and fresh-squeezed juices, which is served each morning in the historic Main House.
"The room was beautiful, roomy, clean, and quiet. I would recommend the Pinehurst Inn for an awesome place to stay any time of year!"-- LivingSocial Member
"This was the best two-day vacation ever! The Whispering Pines room was very comfortable and offered a view of the sunrise over Lake Superior."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, 2 additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays March 3 through May 31, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes full breakfast, local chocolates, and one bottle of wine
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; cancellations with 30 or fewer days' notice receive Pinehurst gift certificate for paid value of voucher; cancellations with 10 or fewer days' notice receive gift certificate for paid value of voucher less a $25 cancellation fee; no-shows will forfeit the voucher with no refund
- Taxes/resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Blackout date(s): April 16-20, 2014; May 23-26, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2014 • Enjoy By May 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings