Wine and White-Water Rafting in Gold Country
Adventure Connection • Lotus, CA
- A Two-Day White-Water Rafting and Wine Tasting Tour of El Dorado County for One Guest, Thursdays through Sundays, Including:
- One Day of Guided White-Water Rafting, Gear Provided
- One Night of Camping (Gear Not Included, but Available for Rent)
- One Day of Chauffeured Wine Tasting at Four to Seven Wineries
- Four Meals
Get a rush from the full California experience on this two-day river and wine adventure, which includes white-water rafting, wine tasting, camping, and more.
El Dorado County offers adventure around every corner, from the rapids of the American River to the wineries that dot the Gold Country landscape. And nobody knows that better than Adventure Connection, boasting more than 25 years of experience leading trips through the white water of wine country. On the two-day Red Wine and Whitewater Rafting Trip—the only professionally led excursion of its kind in California—you'll join a small group and experienced guides for an exhilarating taste of the action.
Bring your own tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad for a night under the stars (or rent camping gear, available from Adventure Connection). And this is hardly roughing it: The riverside campsite features a volleyball court and horseshoe pit, a camp store and campfire pit, hot showers, and flush toilets. You'll also be treated to four delicious meals during the expedition.
Trips begin at 9 a.m. on Thursdays and Saturdays. On the wine day, adventurers will ready their palates for tastings at local award-winning wineries. The trip is chauffeured and begins with two to three tastings in the morning. Then, you'll break for lunch and hit two to four more wineries in the afternoon. Depending on the timing and preference of individual groups, you might even visit a local microbrewery.
The river day includes a brief orientation and guide introduction, and then it's off to paddle between 11 and 13 miles of Class III rapids, hitting the heavier rapids on the lower section of the Chili Bar run in the afternoon—perfect for beginner and intermediate paddlers alike. After a day on the river, you'll head back for a late lunch at the campsite to relax and refuel—and share all the tales of derring-do from the day's adventure with your fellow crewmates.
"We had a blast! This company was great to raft with! The lunch they provided was nice and easy. We'd love to go back!"-- LivingSocial Member
"I wouldn't raft with any other company. We went in May and just last Monday and have booked another trip for August. I think I'm hooked. The guides we had, first Derreck and then Ben, were awesome! Highly recommend!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for Thursday - Sunday stays now - August 14, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes 1 day of chauffeured wine tasting (valid for 4-7 wineries from this list: visit-eldorado.com/winery-brewery-list.php#wineries); 1 day of guided white-water rafting with gear provided (11 miles, class III, beginner/intermediate); 1 night riverside camping with volleyball, horseshoes, camp store, campfire circle hot showers, flush toilets; 4 meals
- Excludes products
- Not valid for pregnant women
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 1 person
- Adventure Connection's cancellation and rescheduling policies apply; please visit raftcalifornia.com/prices/
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- 8% state/access fee is included
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Photo ID is required at check-in; must be 21 or over
- Camping is available the evening prior to the trip for an additional cost
- Adventure Connection reserves the right to cancel a trip due to weather, water conditions, or other cause beyond their control. Should this occur, your trip fees will be fully credited towards another trip. All refunds and credits shall be limited to amounts actually paid to Adventure Connection
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 14, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 27, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 14, 2015 • Enjoy By August 14, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings