Backpacking Big Sur—the Right Way
Bay Area Expeditions • San Francisco, CA
get it now to save even moreclose
- An Overnight Backpacking Trip in Big Sur for One Adult
- All Equipment
- One Breakfast and One Dinner
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
Explore a California treasure on this overnight backpacking trip in Big Sur, which includes meals, equipment, and experienced guides.
Even in California, home of awe-inspiring redwood forests and some of the world's best surf breaks, there is perhaps no place as special as Big Sur. Beginning just south of the Monterey Peninsula and stretching 90 miles past verdant bluffs and rocky promontories, hidden hot springs and vacant beaches, this scarcely populated region on the Central Coast has been the subject of more than a few books, and plays host to some of the country's preeminent wellness retreats. It's a place beloved by honeymooners, outdoorsmen, and peace-seekers alike, with nary a neon sign to disrupt the mind-easing serenity that has drawn people here for centuries. Experience the majesty of Big Sur on an overnight backpacking trip with Bay Area Expeditions.
On the Big Sur overnight trip, you'll trek two and a half miles each way along relatively flat trails through redwood forests with occasional ocean views. You'll practice archery, enjoy gourmet backpacker meals, and get hands-on training with cooking and outdoors skills. Your guide will provide information on the local area, and all campers are provided with a backpack, headlamp, and more top-quality gear.
An amazing weekend with a great team of people who took wonderful care of us. I loved it and would return again.-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Only valid for stays now through September 30, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes all equipment, 1 breakfast, and 1 dinner
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 1 guest
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days in advance of scheduled arrival; Bay Area Expeditions reserves the right to cancel trips on short to no notice due to adverse weather conditions. For cancellations occurring 14 days or more there is no cancellation fee, and you will be able to reschedule or receive a refund. Cancellations made within 14 days of scheduled arrival are subject to no refund or a rescheduling fee of $75.
- Must print, sign, and bring a signed copy of Release of Liability form
- Must call ahead regarding age and physical ability requirements
- Taxes and gratuity not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services, and gratuity at the property are not included
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 4, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2015 • Enjoy By September 30, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms