Conquer Africa's Highest Peak
One World Safari Tours •
- An 11-Day Expedition to Mt. Kilimanjaro ($1,999 to $4,445 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York or Los Angeles to Kilimanjaro or Nairobi; or Without Flights
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to the Lodge and Kilimanjaro National Park
- Six-Day, Five-Night Climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro with Sunrise Summit of Africa's Highest Point
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Ilboru Safari Lodge and Camping for Five Nights at Kilimanjaro Campsites
- Seven Breakfasts, Six Lunches, Seven Dinners, and Celebratory Cocktails Following Descent
- Summit Completion Certificate and Medal
- Camping Equipment Provided, Including Mountains Tents, Subzero Sleeping Bags, Deluxe Sleeping Mats, and Camp Pillows
- One World Safari Tour Guides, Cooks, and Porters
- Park Fees, Climbing Fees, and Rescue Fees Included; Transportation, Private Escort Across Kenyan Border, and Transit Visa Through Kenya (Select Dates)
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Dream African getaways are about as diverse as the continent's geography. But for the serious outdoor enthusiast, a trek to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro leads the all-time wish list.
You'll always remember standing on top of the world—gazing down on the sun as it breaks through the pillowy clouds—but your experience along the way will stay with you just as long. Begin by traversing the low-lying jungles, crossing through alpine scrub, and eventually reaching desolate terrain that looks more like a view through the Hubble telescope than anything you've seen in real life.
The balmy atmosphere will thin out to crisp, cool air as you ascend, taking a toll on your body and challenging you to summit Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa. If the trip up feels like the deepest breath you've ever taken, the descent from Mt. Kilimanjaro will be the most satisfying exhale you've ever known.
Make the climb courtesy of One World Safari Tours:
day 1: Take off on your flight from New York City or Los Angeles to the Kilimanjaro (JRO) or Nairobi (NBO) airport (depending on departure dates).
day 2: Some flights will arrive at the airport today, where a friendly One World representative will pick you up and take you to your lodge in Arusha.
Overnight at Ilboru Safari Lodge.
day 3: Other flights will get in today. Second-day arrivals will be escorted to the lodge, while those who checked in the day before rest or explore Arusha at their leisure. In late afternoon, your group will meet with your team of mountain guides to be sure you have all the necessary personal gear. Missing items will be available for rent.
Overnight at Ilboru Safari Lodge. Dinner provided.
day 4: Depart for Mt. Kilimanjaro and drive to Machame Gate, where you'll take a five- to six-hour walk through the picturesque forest before reaching the Machame campsite. You'll be treated to dinner before hitting the sack.
Overnight at the Machame hut campsite (Altitude: 3,050 meters). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 5: After breakfast, trek over one of Kilimanjaro's most scenic points, the Shira Plateau. Take in views of the Great Rift Valley and the active volcano, Mount Meru, before setting up tents at the Shira campsite.
Overnight at the Shira hut campsite (Altitude: 3,800 meters). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 6: Ascend toward the Kibo Dome, crossing the desert zone until you reach Lava Tower, a mount of solidified lava and the highest point of the day. From there, descend slightly to your next campsite.
Overnight at the Baranco hut campsite (Altitude: 3,955 meters). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 7: Cross the Great Barranco Valley, climb up the Barranco Wall, and trek through Karanga Valley to the Barafu campsite for excellent views of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks. You'll hit the sack early as your next day starts well before sunrise.
Overnight at the Barafu hut campsite (4,610 meters). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 8: Depart between midnight and 1 a.m. to make your six-hour summit climb by moonlight. Enjoy a stunning sunrise at Uhuru Peak (5,895 meters) as rays creep over floating clouds and snowcapped mountains. Take in the sights before descending another six hours to your next campsite.
Overnight at the Mweka hut campsite (3,100 meters). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 9: Finish your trek with an easy walk to Mweka gate, where you will be awarded your certificate and climbing medal as you toast your accomplishment over champagne or another libation. Transportation will be waiting to take you to your lodge in Arusha. You'll enjoy a celebratory meal at the mountain gate or lodge.
Overnight at Ilboru Safari Lodge. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 10: After breakfast at your hotel, depart for a visit to the local charity or cultural program your trip has supported. Spend time visiting the school, orphanage, community or health center, or remote village that a portion of your trek has funded. Return to the hotel for baggage pickup and head to the Kilimanjaro or Nairobi airport for your late-night flight back home.
day 11: Arrive back in the US late in the afternoon.
New York City (JFK) departures: June 26, 2014 to JRO ($3,895); July 3, 2014 to JRO ($3,895); July 10, 2014 to JRO ($3,895); July 17, 2014 to JRO ($3,895); July 24, 2014 to JRO ($3,895); December 18, 2014 to JRO ($3,395); January 8, 2015 to NBO ($3,295); January 22, 2015 to NBO ($3,295); February 12, 2015 to NBO ($3,295)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: June 26, 2014 to JRO ($4,445); July 3, 2014 to JRO ($4,445); July 10, 2014 to JRO ($4,445); July 17, 2014 to JRO ($4,445); July 24, 2014 to JRO ($4,445); December 18, 2014 to JRO ($3,695); January 8, 2015 to NBO ($3,695); January 22, 2015 to NBO ($3,695); February 12, 2015 to NBO ($3,695)
Land Only (No Flights): June 28, 2014 ($1,999); July 5, 2014 ($1,999); July 12, 2014 ($1,999); July 19, 2014 ($1,999); July 26, 2014 (1,999); December 20, 2014 ($1,999); January 10, 2015 ($1,999); January 24, 2015 ($1,999); February 14, 2015 ($1,999)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"This was the most amazing experience of my life! I loved One World and would recommend them to anyone interested in trekking up Kilimanjaro. Their company is built on giving back to their community."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; June and July dates must be booked by May 1 and all other dates must be booked by July 1
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.oneworldsafaris.com/pages/booking.html
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, vouchers will be considered used and 100% non-refundable
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room and tent). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at both the lodge and on the mountain. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $400 per person to be paid directly to One World Safari Tours
- Includes Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to the Lodge and Kilimanjaro National Park, Six-Day, Five-Night Climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro with Sunrise Summit of Africa's Highest Point, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Ilboru Safari Lodge and Camping for Five Nights at Kilimanjaro Campsites, Seven Breakfasts, Six Lunches, Seven Dinners, and Celebratory Cocktails Following Descent, Summit Completion Certificate and Medal, Camping Equipment Provided, Including Mountains Tents, Subzero Sleeping Bags, Deluxe Sleeping Mats, and Camp Pillows, One World Safari Tour Guides, Cooks, and Porters, Park Fees, Climbing Fees, and Rescue Fees Included; Transportation, Private Escort Across Kenyan Border, and Transit Visa Through Kenya (Select Dates)
- Voucher does not include Passport/visa fees, Gratuities, Personal or baggage insurance, Meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, laundry services, and any costs not specified as included
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Documentation Required to Travel: Passport valid for at least 6 months from time of departure, Visa can be applied in the U.S or on arrival in Tanzania ($100). If arriving and departing via Nairobi, One World Safari Tours will cover the cost of your transit visa ($20 each way). If traveling from or through countries deemed endemic with yellow fever, a Yellow Fever Immunization Card is required. For a list of such countries, visit tinyurl.com/q4cqqhd
- All departures must have a minimum of 4 people; if the minimum is not met, One World Safari Tours will offer an option to depart during the dates that have reached the minimum or discuss alternative options for you
- Trip can be extended to include a three or five day Tanzanian Safari. Inquire directly with One World Safari Tours for pricing
- One-day Cultural Excursions can be added to the trip on Day 3 (Acclimatization Day in Arusha). Inquire directly with One World Safari Tours for options and pricing
- Stays must be completed within date range purchased
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 26, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 26, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 26, 2015 • Enjoy By February 26, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms