Conquering the Rapids and Trails of Utah
Dinosaur River Expeditions • Vernal, UT
- A Four-Day, Three Night Rafting Trip on the Green River ($495 per Person), Including:
- Four Days of River Rafting from the Gates of Lodore to Split Mountain
- Three Nights of Tent Camping Along the River
- Three Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Three Dinners
- Boats, Rafting Gear, Group Camping Gear, Small Dry Bag, and Large Dry Bag Provided
- Experienced River Guides Throughout
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Put-In to Take-Out
- Personal Sleeping Gear Not Included; Sleeping Kit Rental (Sleeping Bag, Pad, Pillow, and Four-Person Tent) Available for $40 per Person
Surrounded by the splendor of Northeastern Utah's Steinaker and Red Fleet State Parks, Vernal is an Old West outpost where cowboy and dinosaur histories collide. Here, you can explore shops full of fossils by day and hear stories of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid by night. After rafting, hiking, and biking in Vernal, head to Dinosaur National Monument. Located on the border between Colorado and Utah, the attraction boasts the Dinosaur Quarry Exhibit Hall—home to 1,500 fossils—as well as several thick canyons and majestic rock formations cut by the Green and Yampa rivers.
Explore Vernal's pioneer sites and prehistoric delights by way of an educational rafting trip on the Green River via the folks from Dinosaur River Expeditions.
day 1: Start your adventure by meeting your guides and fellow travelers at the Dinosaur River Expeditions office in Vernal at 7 a.m. before departing for the water. Once you arrive at the loading station, prepare for a day of adrenaline-pumping whitewater rapids and relaxing hikes before setting up a comfortable camp under the stars. When it comes to mouthwatering grub, this locally operated company treats your taste buds to freshly prepared meals like lasagna and peach cobbler.
days 2 and 3: Begin each day with a hot breakfast at sunrise before alternating between exhilarating rafting and panoramic hiking adventures. You'll also have plenty of time to kick back at your own pace. Cast a line into the river or simply relax shoreside.
day 4: Visit Rainbow Park and Island Park before rafting through Split Mountain Canyon, which includes a few of the Green River's exhilarating rapids. Later, savor lunch on the beach before boarding the shuttle back to Vernal.
• May 31, 2014
• July 6, 2014
• July 15, 2014
• July 30, 2014
• August 13, 2014
• August 30, 2014
• September 6, 2014
"We had a great trip down the river. The guides were very knowledgeable, friendly, and conscious of our safety. The weather was also great. Beautiful scenery."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - September 6, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes four days of river rafting from the Gates of Lodore to Split Mountain; three nights of tent camping along the river; three breakfasts, four lunches, and three dinners; boats, rafting gear, group camping gear, small dry bag, and large dry bag; experienced river guides throughout; round-trip ground transportation from put-in to take-out
- Voucher does not include airfare or sleeping kits (available for $40 and includes sleeping bag, pad, pillow, and four-person tent)
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 1 guest
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 30 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Dinosaur River Expeditions is an authorized concessioner of the National Park Service
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 6, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 6, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 6, 2014 • Enjoy By September 6, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings