Elegant Upstate Lodge & Restaurant on the Salmon River
Tailwater Lodge • Altmar, NY
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a King or Two-Queen Room
- $50 Credit at the On-Site Restaurant
- Valid for Stays from Now to August 10, 2016
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Three Nights
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
By day, reel in trophy fish on the Salmon River; by night, spread out at this luxury lodge on the banks of the river in Altmar.
Stocked annually with thousands of salmon, New York's aptly named Salmon River offers some of the best fly-fishing in the world. Teeming with coho, steelhead, and chinook, the river begins at Lake Ontario, winding through dense forest, past sleepy towns, and under picturesque bridges on its way to the Salmon River Reservoir. At the eastern side of the stream lies Altmar, home of the largest fish hatchery in New York—making this town of fewer than 500 people the perfect spot to don your waders, cast a line, and reel in a trophy. Off the river, you might consider angling for trout in Lake Ontario or hitting a nearby hiking trail for a quiet day in the woods.
Home of the most luxurious accommodations on the river, the Tailwater Lodge—the site of a former elementary school—is New York's answer to the upscale fishing lodges found out West. Opened in 2014, Tailwater offers 42 guest rooms decorated with plush leather furnishings and marble accents, and each features cable TV, a fridge, and free Wi-Fi. Also on-site is the high-end restaurant, serving rustic yet cosmopolitan fare such as grilled beef tenderloin with a Cabernet demi-glace, and a pro shop stocked with top fishing-gear brands.
No matter the season, the river is bulging with fish big and small, from three-pound smallmouth bass to 30-pound chinook salmon. Make your way to the lodge's very own guide concierge captain, who can set guests up on drift-boat trips, charter excursions on Lake Ontario, and summer rafting adventures on the river. Then again, since the Tailwater boasts 2,000 feet of river frontage, you might just take to the stream on your own.
• Taxes and resort fees are not included—you'll pay those directly to the property
The people were all unbelievably friendly and helpful—the garden staff, the receptionists, the waitresses, EVERYBODY! [...] Overall, an extremely pleasant, enjoyable, and interesting adventure staying there.-- LivingSocial Member
Beautiful place with amazing staff! Very accommodating and helpful. Delicious fare at their on-site restaurant! Two thumbs up. Thanks for a great stay!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 3 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift; up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays from now to August 10, 2016
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes $50 credit at the on-site restaurant
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 10, 2016 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 29, 2021 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 10, 2016 • Enjoy By August 10, 2016
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings