A Wild Adventure in the White Mountains
Northeast Mountaineering •
- A Two-Day Wilderness Navigation Course and Mt. Washington Hike for One Person ($185) or Two People ($300)
- Or, a Two-Day Waterfall and Cliff Rappelling Trip for One Person ($180) or Two People ($290)
- Or, a Two-Day Outdoor Rock Climbing Trip for One Person ($185) or Two People ($300)
- Overnight Accommodations in The Bunkhouse
- Experienced Climbing Guides Throughout
- Guide Fees Included
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
Learn to adventure on Mt. Washington, rappel down a waterfall, or ascend up a sheer rock face—your wild journey awaits in New Hampshire's White Mountains.
White Mountain National Forest encompasses much of New Hampshire's length of the Appalachians. The tallest peak, Mt. Washington, is the highest point in the Northeastern United States, but the territory is known less for its altitude than its truly beautiful scenery. In fact, the sloping peaks and endless woods drew hundreds of painters in the 19th century alone. Hiking trails—including a carefully maintained stretch of the Appalachian Trail—tunnel through the forests, cross over the streams, and wind around the waterfalls as they scale the region's many peaks.
Discover the beauty of the White Mountains for yourself—and learn valuable survival skills while you're at it—on these two-day trips from Northeast Mountaineering.
Meet up at The Bunkhouse at Northeast Mountaineering in Bartlett, New Hampshire, to get oriented on the details of your adventure. You'll be spending the night in shared, bunk-style accommodations at the heated Bunkhouse, too—remember to bring a sleeping bag and pillow. A hot plate, microwave, and refrigerator are available for food prep, and there's even a TV and Wi-Fi to help you unwind after a full day.
Mt. Washington hike. A full-day wilderness navigation course begins with classroom instruction that teaches you how to use a compass and map, followed by a demonstration in the field and a trail-finding exercise. Gather the next morning for an attempt to summit Mt. Washington using the navigation skills you learned the previous day.
Waterfall and cliff rappelling. Enjoy a short, scenic hike to the top of the falls and take in panoramic views of the White Mountains all around you. Then, you'll rappel up to three times down more than 100 feet of waterfall—each path is optional, and there's always an alternate route for walking down.
Rock climbing. Expand your climbing world with this excursion, which will teach you how to build anchors as you scale cliffs surrounded by White Mountains scenery. You'll learn about anchor-building materials and best practices, traditional gear and solid placements, and proper technique for rappelling.
• Taxes/resort fees are not included—you'll pay those directly to the property
This was so much fun and the guides were great. Everyone that worked there made sure we all were safe and had a great time.-- LivingSocial Member
Loved it. Waterfall rappelling was awesome. Great service!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now to October 31, 2015
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture, or re-scheduling fee of $25 applies
- Voucher includes overnight accomodations at The Bunkhouse; experienced climbing guides throughout; and guide fees
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Voucher valid for 1 person
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 31, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 3, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2015 • Enjoy By October 31, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings