Learn Wilderness Navigation in the White Mountains
Northeast Mountaineering • Bartlett, NH
- A Two-Day Trek in the White Mountains of New Hampshire ($209 per Person), Including:
- Shared Accommodations for One Night at The Bunkhouse at Northeast Mountaineering
- Wilderness Navigation Course on Day One
- Guided Climbing with Navigation Skills on Day Two
- Experienced Climbing Guides Throughout
- Guide Fees Included
White Mountain National Forest encompasses much of New Hampshire's length of the Appalachians. The tallest peak, Mount Washington, is the highest point in the Northeastern United States, but the territory is known less for its altitude than its truly beautiful scenery. In fact, the sloping peaks and endless woods drew hundreds of painters in the 19th century alone. Hiking trails—including a carefully maintained stretch of the Appalachian Trail—tunnel through the forests, cross over the streams, and wind around the waterfalls as they scale the region's many peaks.
Discover the beauty of the White Mountains for yourself—and learn valuable survival skills while you're at it—on this two-day wilderness trekking trip from Northeast Mountaineering.
day 1: Meet at The Bunkhouse at Northeast Mountaineering in Bartlett, New Hampshire, for a full-day wilderness navigation course. It begins with classroom portion that teaches you how to use a compass and map, then how to use them together. The second half of the day entails a demonstration in the field followed by a trail-finding exercise.
Overnight in shared accommodations at The Bunkhouse at NEM.
day 2: Gather at 8 a.m. for an attempt to summit one of the numerous 4,000-foot peaks in the White Mountains. Experienced guides will choose a mountain based on the group's skill level and the weather conditions. You'll use the navigation skills you learned the previous day and can expect to be back to The Bunkhouse by around 4:30 p.m.
• Travel Any Days of the Week from Now to September 30, 2014
"Amazing team—I love this place. I've gone on a few trips with them over the past year and every time they're fantastic."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between May 21 and September 30, 2014; must book by September 1, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- There will be no refunds for cancellations made less than 7 days before your program. Unfortunately, due to the time-sensitive nature of our business, and the difficulty in re-booking a trip close to departure, we cannot make exceptions to this policy. Date changes are subject to availability and apply only to the current climbing season. Date changes may be requested at anytime up to 7 days prior to your departure date for a $25 fee per person. Date changes may be requested at anytime up to 3 days prior to your departure date for a $50 fee per person. There are no date changes allowed less than 2 days before departure
- Rates are valid for one person sleeping in bunk accommodations; single occupancy supplements are not available
- Does not include Mark travel, lodging, or activity taxes/fees NOT covered in the promotional price, gratuities, meals, snacks or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Airfare not included
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • Enjoy By September 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings