3 Days, 2 Nights, 1 Amazing Backpacking Adventure
KAF Adventures • Seattle, WA
- A Three-Day Wilderness Survival and Navigation Backpacking Course in North Cascades National Park, Olympic National Park, or Deschutes National Forest for One Person, Including:
- Two Nights of Camping in a Tent
- Two Breakfasts, Three Lunches, and Two Dinners
- Carpool Gas Reimbursement and Park Entrance Fee
- Tents, Cookware, Sanitation Equipment, and Fuel
- Instruction from Experienced Wilderness Guides
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
Spend three days backpacking in the Pacific Northwest with experienced guides and unforgettable scenery.
Set amid two of the largest wilderness areas in the Pacific Northwest, Olympic National Park and North Cascades National Park boast some of the most awe-inspiring natural scenery in the country—if not the world. Part of the largest temperate rain forest on the planet, Olympic National Park is famed for its old-growth forests, snow-capped glaciers, and huge swaths of uninhabited coastline. Also renowned for its glaciers, North Cascades National Park is perhaps most notable for its dramatic peak-to-valley landscapes, which, in places, soar an incredible 9,000 feet through high-alpine forest. The best part? Both of these wonders of nature sit within a three-hour drive of Seattle—Olympic to the west, North Cascades to the east.
Travel south into Oregon and you'll discover the splendor of Deschutes National Forest. Here, 250 known caves, the Newberry National Volcanic Monument, five wilderness areas, and an impressive system of trails make for limitless adventure.
Experience the majesty of the Pacific Northwest's vast and varied wilderness courtesy of KAF Adventures. Depending on weather conditions, you'll head out to one of these three parks on a three-day, two-night backpacking course that covers wilderness survival and navigation. You'll hike three to four miles a day, glean the necessary skills to thrive in this often harsh environment, enjoy a variety of backcountry meals, and share your experiences with fun, knowledgeable guides and a group of like-minded adventurers.
On the Thursday evening before the trip begins, you'll meet from 6 to 9 p.m. at KAF Adventures's Seattle office, where you'll discuss gear, route planning, and overall safety management. Be sure to bring all your gear to this meeting, as you'll be reviewing your clothing and packing your bag.
Day 1: In the morning, you'll meet at the KAF Adventures office to carpool to the trailhead. KAF helps to arrange this carpooling, and they'll even pay for gas to and from the trailhead. Once you're at your destination, you'll begin your three days away from civilization and city living. During this time, you'll average three to four miles of hiking each day, with an average elevation gain of about 2,000 feet. What kind of skills will you cover along your journey? Navigation and route finding, cooking, campcraft, water purification, meal planning, basic first aid, weather reading, local flora and fauna, river crossings, and more.
Overnight in a tent. Lunch and dinner provided.
Day 2: Continue learning and begin to practice more and more skills. You'll navigate on- and off-trail, as well as help find camp and cook meals. Spend another amazing night camping in the wilderness.
Overnight in a tent. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
Day 3: Wake up for the last day in the woods and start the final hike back to the trailhead. You'll arrive back to your car around 1 p.m., and will return to KAF's Seattle office around 4 to 5 p.m.
Overnight in a tent. Breakfast and lunch provided.
6/19, 7/3, 7/10, 7/24, 7/31, 8/14, 8/21, 9/5
• Snacks, a backpack, and a sleeping bag are not included, so bring your own
• A gear list will be emailed to you upon registration for the course
• Book your trek by August 15
Fantastic! Our guides were extremely knowledgeable, patient, helpful, and full of tips and encouragement. I went with my 25-year-old son and we plan to go again!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Only valid for stays June 19 to 21; July 3 to 5, 10 to 12, and 24 to 26; July 31 to August 2; August 14 to 16, and 21 to 23; and September 5 to 7, 2015
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by August 15, 2015 to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes 2 nights of camping in a tent, 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners, carpool gas reimbursement, park entrance fee, tents, cookware, sanitation equipment, fuel, and instruction from experienced guides
- Voucher does not include airfare, airline taxes, airline fuel surcharges, passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, any costs not specified as included, personal clothing, backpack, and sleeping gear
- A gear list will be emailed to you upon registration for the course
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before travelling to your destination
- Must attend Pre-Course Meeting: Intro to Backpacking Classroom the Thursday prior to departure from 6-9 p.m. at Seattle office
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 1 guest; up to 1 additional guest may be added based on availability and at an additional cost
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services, and gratuity at the property are not included
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 7, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 7, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 7, 2015 • Enjoy By September 7, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings