On Top of the World on Kilimanjaro
Skyline Travel & Safaris •
- A Ten-Day Mount Kilimajaro Trek ($2,799 to $2,950 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from Washington DC or Houston to Kilimanjaro via Turkish Airlines
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotel and Marangu Mountain Gate
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Springlands Hotel in Moshi and Four Nights in Mountain Huts on Kilimanjaro
- Seven Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Four Dinners
- Two Porters per Person, Mountain Guide, and Chef During the Trek
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Entrance Fees, and Climbing Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
For the serious outdoor enthusiast, a trek to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro leads the all-time wish list.
You'll always remember standing on top of the world—gazing down on the sun as it breaks through the pillowy clouds—but your experience to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro will stay with you just as long. Begin by traversing the low-lying jungles, crossing alpine scrub, and reaching desolate terrain that looks like a view through the Hubble telescope. The balmy atmosphere will thin out to crisp, cool air as you ascend, challenging your body to summit Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa. If the trip up feels like the deepest breath you've ever taken, the descent will be the most satisfying exhale you've ever known.
Though it requires no true climbing—only rigorous hiking—this ten-day trek to the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro is both difficult and rewarding. But rest assured, you'll have a helping hand along the way, courtesy of Skyline Travel & Safaris.
days 1 and 2: in flight
• Board your flight from Washington, DC, or Houston
• Layover in Istanbul the following afternoon; connect to overnight flight to Kilimanjaro
day 3: arrival and check-in
• Skyline Travel rep will greet you at Kilimanjaro International Airport
• Ride transport to Moshi for early check-in at your hotel
• Spend the rest of the day resting and recovering from travel
Overnight at Springlands Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 4: rest and preparation
• Rest and prep for the expedition
• Staff will be on hand to answer questions
• Select your rental equipment
Overnight at Springlands Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 5: montane rain forest
• After breakfast, ride to Kilimanjaro National Park (two hours from Moshi)
• Register with the park staff and enter through the Marangu Mountain Gate
• First leg of the trek will take 3-4 hours and cross a montane rain forest
• Arrive at Mandara Hut (9,000 feet above sea level)
Overnight at Mandara hut. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 6: mawenzi and kibo peaks
• Set out on a 5-hour trek through the moorland to Horombo
• Arrive at Horombo Hut (12,335 feet above sea level)
Overnight at Horombo hut. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 7: saddle of kilimanjaro
• Trek to Kilimanjaro's alpine desert slung between Kibo and Mawenzi peaks
• Hike for 5-6 hours to arrive at the stone Kibo Hut (15,416 feet above sea level)
• Prepare your equipment and get as much sleep as possible
Overnight at Kibo hut. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 8: uhuru peak summit
• The eight-hour trek to Kilimanjaro's summit begins around 3 a.m.
• Ascend steep, frozen scree fields to reach Gilman's Point
• Final, snowy leg of the hike to Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa (18,640 feet above sea level)
• Make a 6-hour descent to arrive back at Horombo Hut
Overnight at Horombo hut. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included.
day 9: descent and return to moshi
• Continue descent to Marangu Mountain Gate
• Ride back to the hotel in Moshi
• Rest until your late-evening transfer to the Kilimanjaro airport
Partial night at Springlands Hotel. Breakfast included.
day 10: farewell
• Board your early-morning flight
• Arrive back in the US late that same night
Washington, DC (IAD) departures: October 27 or November 26, 2014; or January 19 or February 15, 2015 ($2,799 to $2,950)
Houston (IAH) departures: October 27 or November 26, 2014; or January 19 or February 15, 2015 ($2,950)
Priced per person based on double occupancy; see fine print.
"Mount Kilimanjaro, the world's tallest freestanding mountain and Africa's highest peak at 19,341 feet, is the ultimate climb—except that it is attainable even for novice climbers. Call it Everest for everyone."-- Travel + Leisure
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations must be made by August 10, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Must have minimum of 8 passengers per departure. If unable to meet the minimum, full refund will be provided or option to travel on a different date; subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see skylinesafaris.com/kilimanjaro.php
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $150 and only available at the Springlands Hotel (other accommodations cannot provide single occupancy)
- All departures must have a minimum of 8 people; if the minimum is not met, Skyline Travel will offer an option to depart during the dates that have reached the minimum or supply a full refund
- Includes Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotel and Marangu Mountain Gate, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Springlands Hotel in Moshi and Four Nights in Mountain Huts on Kilimanjaro, Seven Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Four Dinners, Two Porters per Person, Mountain Guide, and Chef During the Trek, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Entrance Fees, and Climbing Fees
- Does not include Tanzanian Visa (approximately $100),Equipment Rental (refer to website), passport and visa expenses (if applicable), gratuities to drivers, local guides, etc., meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, and items of a personal nature
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 15, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 15, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 15, 2015 • Enjoy By February 15, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings