Window into Ancient China—Beijing, Shanghai & Beyond
- A Nine-Day Trip to Beijing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai ($999 to $1,699 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, or Washington, DC, to China
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Four Points by Sheraton or Traders Upper East Hotel By Shangri-la in Beijing, One Night at Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou in Shanghai, One Night at Courtyard Hangzhou Qianjiang in Hangzhou, and Two Nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel in Shanghai
- Seven Buffet Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Two Dinners
- English-Speaking Tour Guide and Sightseeing Bus Service
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Admissions, and Accident Insurance Included
- One Bottle of Water per Day
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
A multifaceted, modern country with more than 5,000 years of history, China has an essence that can't be contained in mere words. From the mega metropolises of Beijing and Shanghai on the east coast to the expanses of farmland that roll west toward the Himalayas, this massive county is home to more than 1 billion people. Travelers can see the past reflected in the solid gaze of a jade Buddha and the stony towers of the Great Wall of China, or catch a glimpse of the future in the space-age architecture of the Beijing National Stadium. Between strolling the open expanses of the Forbidden City and watching giant pandas roll in the snow at the famous Beijing Zoo, every visit to this vast land is the trip of a lifetime.
Let the experts of Chinatour.com open the door to a whole world of history and culture with this nine-day tour of Beijing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai.
day 1: Take off on an overnight flight from the US to Beijing, crossing the International Date Line. You'll lose a calendar day here, but get it back on your return flight.
day 3: Your time in the Chinese capital begins with a full-day tour of Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Summer Palace. Along the way, you'll stroll beside Lake Kunming and stop at the Pearl Factory for an introduction to freshwater pearls.
Overnight at the Four Points by Sheraton Beijing or Traders Upper East Hotel By Shangri-La. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 4: Hike along the Great Wall of China, one of the seven greatest man-made wonders of the world and an icon of China. Then, stop at the Jade Museum to learn the history of jade, which has a four-thousand-year history in China. After your group stops at the Beijing Zoo to see the giant pandas, the rest of the afternoon is free to shop and explore Wangfujing, Beijing's must-see shopping strip.
Overnight at the Four Points by Sheraton Beijing or Traders Upper East Hotel By Shangri-La. Breakfast provided.
day 5: You'll catch a flight to Shanghai in the morning, where you'll explore Shanghai Old Street. From here, catch a bus to Suzhou—nicknamed "Venice of the East"—to wander the 1,100-year-old Shan Tang Street.
Overnight at the Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 6: Visit the Lingering Garden, a classical Chinese garden recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then it's off to the Silk Spinning Factory to learn about the art of silk work. You'll board an afternoon bus to Hangzhou—one of the seven capitals of ancient China and famed for its tea—and take a small boat out on the West Lake for views of the willow-draped islands and centuries-old Su Causeway.
Overnight at the Courtyard Hangzhou Qianjiang. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 7: Begin your day at the Green Tea Village before catching a ride back to Shanghai. There, you'll stop at the Bund, a historic waterfront district running along the western bank of the Huangpu River, and the Gem Exhibition Center.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 8: Enjoy a free day to explore Shanghai.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 9: You'll be driven to the airport to board a flight returning to the US.
Boston (BOS) departures: September 14, 2014 ($1,699); October 3, 2014 ($1,699); November 22, 2014 ($1,599)
Chicago (ORD) departures: September 13, 2014 ($1,699); September 14, 2014 ($1,699); November 22, 2014 ($1,599)
Houston (IAH) departures: August 28, 2014 ($1,599); September 14, 2014 ($1,599); October 10, 2014 ($1,599); October 17, 2014 ($1,599)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: August 30, 2014 ($1,599); September 13, 2014 ($1,599); October 11, 2014 ($1,599); November 22, 2014 ($1,399); December 6, 2014 ($1,299); January 17, 2015 ($999); March 14, 2015 ($1,299); March 28, 2015 ($1,399); April 18, 2015 ($1,499)
New York (JFK) departures: October 11, 2014 ($1,699); November 8, 2014 ($1,499); November 29, 2014 ($1,499); December 6, 2014 ($1,399); January 24, 2015 ($1,099); March 14, 2015 ($1,399); April 4, 2015 ($1,599); April 18, 2015 ($1,599)
San Francisco (SFO) departures: September 14, 2014 ($1,599); October 19, 2014 ($1,599)
Washington, DC (WAS) departures: October 25, 2014 ($1,599); November 22, 2014 ($1,499); February 7, 2015 ($1,399); February 21, 2015 ($1,399); March 7, 2015 ($1,399)
Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"Antique yet up-to-the-minute, familiar yet unrecognizable, outwardly urban but quintessentially rural, conservative yet path-breaking, space-age but old-fashioned, China is a land of mesmerizing and eye-opening contradictions."-- Lonely Planet
"In China right now having the time of my life on this tour. Would STRONGLY recommend. My travel companions and I are blown away by the value we have received with this trip. Unbelievable on all accounts."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by July 25, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. Please consult with the travel agents; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Double Occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $399 due at booking. Please consult travel agents for roommate-matching
- Includes Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Four Points by Sheraton or Traders Upper East Hotel By Shangri-la in Beijing, One Night at Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou in Shanghai, One Night at Courtyard Hangzhou Qianjiang in Hangzhou, and Two Nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel in Shanghai, Seven Buffet Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Two Dinners, an English-Speaking Tour Guide and Sightseeing Bus Service,Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Admissions, Accident Insurance, One Bottle of Water per Day and all taxes
- Does not include servicing fee to tour guides and bus driver of $28 in Beijing and $28 total for Shanghai, Suzhou, and Hangzhouprocessing of China Visa ($140 Chinese Consulate and $39 by China Travel International for US passport holders for single entry visa) other medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, gratuities of $8 per person per day and any costs not specified as included
- Other major U.S. airports might be available at a higher price. Please contact 888-410-4111
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- All deal components must be redeemed during one trip; voucher cannot be used for only room and ticket or return flight will be canceled
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 18, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 18, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 18, 2015 • Enjoy By April 18, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings