Safaris and City Sights in Modern South Africa
Gate 1 Travel •
- An Eight-Day Trip to Cape Town and Pilanesberg National Park, South Africa ($1,999 to $2,099 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from New York City to Cape Town International Airport and from Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport to New York City, via South Africa Airways
- Domestic Flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation Between Airport and Accommodations via Motor Coach
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at Protea Hotel Sea Point in Cape Town and Two Nights at the Four-Star Black Rhino Game Lodge in Pilanesberg National Park
- Six Breakfasts, Two Lunches, and Two Dinners
- Four Game Drives with English-Speaking Guides in Safari Vehicles at Pilanesberg National Park
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges; Hotel Fees; and Entrance/Admission Fees
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Cape Town's cosmopolitan cool meets Pilanesberg's wild game drives on this South African adventure.
With astonishingly beautiful Table Mountain to the south and the Atlantic Ocean's thunderous waves to the north, Cape Town's views have got it going on. But the scenes unfolding daily on its city streets prove equally colorful: Brightly painted facades house sidewalk cafés and art galleries buzz with tourists and regulars alike. The active populous embraces surfing, biking, and myriad other outdoor adventures—the more hair-raising, the better. And jovial Cape Town doesn't skimp on the music; people could break into song and dance on any corner at any time, and no one would be surprised.
Travel to the northeast part of South Africa—home to cities like Johannesburg and Pretoria—and you'll find Pilanesberg National Park & Game Reserve. Here, guests encounter unbelievable sights, from the crater of a long-extinct volcano to the Big Five: lions, African elephants, Cape buffalo, leopards, and rhinos. Keep your eyes peeled for the rest of the park's wildlife—including zebras, giraffes, hyenas, hippos, and crocodiles—on game drives you'll never forget. Experience it all with this eight-day adventure from Gate 1 Travel.
day 1: depart for cape town
• Enjoy the in-flight meals and entertainment as you travel to Cape Town
day 2: arrive in cape town
• Explore the city at your leisure
• Meet your local host for a welcome drink at your hotel
Overnight at Protea Hotel Sea Point.
day 3-5: cape town
• See Cape Town on your own
• Try visiting Table Mountain or the Cape Malay Quarter
• See the mountains, coves, and beaches of Cape Peninsula
• Take pics of penguins at Boulders Beach or flora at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Three nights at Protea Hotel Sea Point. Daily breakfasts provided.
day 6: fly to johannesburg + game drive
• Board your flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg
• Ride three hours to Pilanesberg National Park
• Afternoon game drive
• Dine with fellow travelers at the lodge
Overnight at Black Rhino Game Lodge. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 7: game drives
• Wake up early for the morning game drive
• Lunch at the lodge, followed by an afternoon game drive and dinner back at the lodge
Overnight at Black Rhino Game Lodge. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 8: game drive + return flight
• Enjoy breakfast and a morning game drive
• Lunch at the lodge, then ride back to Johannesburg
• Board your flight back to the US
Breakfast and lunch provided.
New York City (NYC) departures: November 5, November 26, or December 3 ($1,999); or January 14, January 21, January 28, February 25, or March 18, 2015 ($2,099)
"The Mother City, home to soaring Table Mountain, golden beaches and bountiful vineyards, is an old pro at capturing people’s hearts."-- Lonely Planet
"Conceptualised as a back-to-nature weekend escape for nearby city dwellers at the end of the 1970s, Pilanesberg remains a haven where lions, buffalos and day-trippers still roam today."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by July 16, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- Must be 18 or older to check-in
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $400 due at booking
- Triples are not available for this promotion
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.gate1travel.com/terms.aspx#CANCELLATION
- Upon confirmation, voucher will be considered used and 100% non-refundable and airfare in non-refundable once ticketed
- Includes Flight from Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport to New York City, via South Africa Airways, Domestic Flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg, Round-Trip Ground Transportation Between Airport and Accommodations via Motor Coach, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at Protea Hotel Sea Point in Cape Town and Two Nights at the four-star Black Rhino Game Lodge in Pilanesberg National Park, Six Breakfasts, Two Lunches, and Two Dinners, Four Game Drives with English-Speaking Guides in Safari Vehicles at Pilanesberg National Park, Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges; Hotel Fees; and Entrance/Admission Fees
- Does not include optional tours, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees
- Hotels of a similar standard may be substituted
- This package is based on pre-confirmed flights via South Africa Airways and may only be purchased with these flights
- Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check Gate 1's Visa page
- Please note, all passport holders should have at least one entirely blank (unstamped) visa page in their passport when traveling to South Africa
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 18, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 18, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 18, 2015 • Enjoy By March 18, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms