Swimming, Camping, Hiking & More in California
Treks + Tracks •
get it now to save even moreclose
- A Two-Day, One-Night Backpacking Trip in Ojai, Castle Rock State Park, or Point Reyes National Seashore for One Person, Including:
- Rental Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad, Cooking Equipment, and Backpack
- One Breakfast and One Dinner
- Backpacking Instruction and Professional Guides
Pick the two-day backpacking adventure of your choice and get ready to explore California's great outdoors.
Between the mountains and the coast, California offers some of the best backpacking in the country. In Ojai, 80 miles northwest of Los Angeles, the primitive Los Padres National Forest features miles of maintained trails that cover a variety of terrain, from wildflower-flooded meadows, to golden grasslands, to hidden mountain creeks.
Just 50 miles south of San Francisco lie the dense redwood and fir forests of Castle Rock State Park—one of the most scenic spots in the Santa Cruz Mountains. More than 30 miles of hiking and horseback riding trails crisscross the mossy forest floor, while cliffs and peculiar rock formations make the park a favorite of climbers from all over the state.
About an hour's drive north of San Francisco, Point Reyes National Seashore spans 111 square miles and boasts coastal views that rival any in America, with whales, seals, and other marine life calling these waters home. And with nearly 500 species of birds floating around, Point Reyes lays claim to the greatest diversity of avian life of any national park in the country.
So what'll it be? The swimming holes and grasslands of Southern California, or the birds and views of Northern California? With Treks + Tracks, it's up to you.
Both trips feature similar agendas. Not only will Treks + Tracks provide you with all the necessary gear for your adventure—including sleeping bags, backpacks, tents, cooking gear, and sleeping pads—they'll also teach you a number of useful skills. From navigation and wilderness safety to leave-no-trace principles and backcountry cooking, both beginner and intermediate campers will glean the necessary skills to start planning their own backpacking trips. Breakfast and dinner will also be provided (with vegetarian and gluten-free options available), but you'll be responsible for packing your own lunch for day one of the trip.
"Amazing friendly staff... they really take the time to make sure you have the most enjoyable experience! I definitely recommend Treks + Tracks to everyone!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes rental tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, cooking equipment, and backpack, and one breakfast and one dinner
- Voucher does not include airfare, airline taxes, airline fuel surcharges, passport/visa fees, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, any costs not specified as included
- A detailed gear list will be provided 1 week prior to your trip; customers should bring appropriate clothing, lunch food, headlamp, good hiking shoes/boots
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 1 guest
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 1 week in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Must be 12+ and be able to carry a 30-40 pound bag
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 22, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 1, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 22, 2015 • Enjoy By October 22, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms