Backpacking Trip in Ojai, Point Reyes, or Castle Rock; or 3-Day Survival Class in Yosemite
Treks + Tracks • Santa Cruz, CA
- A Two-Day, One-Night Backpacking Trip in Ojai, Castle Rock State Park or Point Reyes National Seashore for One Person ($159)
- Or, a Three-Day, Two-Night Practical Wilderness Survival Class in Yosemite National Park for One Person ($275)
- Rental Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad, Cooking Equipment, and Backpack
- One Breakfast and One Dinner for the Ojai, Castle Rock State Park or Point Reyes Trip and Two Breakfasts and Two Dinners for the Practical Wilderness Survival Class
- Backpacking Instruction and Professional Guides
- Valid for Trips from Now to August 31, 2016
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
Pick a two-day backpacking trip or a three-day wilderness survival course and get ready to explore California's great outdoors.
Between the mountains and the coast, California offers some of the best backpacking in the country. In Ojai, 80 miles northwest of Los Angeles, the primitive Los Padres National Forest features miles of maintained trails that cover a variety of terrain, from wildflower-flooded meadows, to golden grasslands, to hidden mountain creeks.
Just 50 miles south of San Francisco lie the dense redwood and fir forests of Castle Rock State Park—one of the most scenic spots in the Santa Cruz Mountains. More than 30 miles of hiking and horseback riding trails crisscross the mossy forest floor, while cliffs and peculiar rock formations make the park a favorite of climbers from all over the state.
About an hour's drive north of San Francisco, Point Reyes National Seashore spans 111 square miles and boasts coastal views that rival any in America, with whales, seals, and other marine life calling these waters home. And with nearly 500 species of birds floating around, Point Reyes lays claim to the greatest diversity of avian life of any national park in the country.
Or, make your way to Yosemite National Park, where a three-day wilderness survival course can teach you how to survive in the backcountry. Enjoy the comforts of camping while learning about the vital planning and strategizing needed to stay alive in the great outdoors.
So what'll it be? The swimming holes and grasslands of Southern California, or the birds and views of Northern California? With Treks + Tracks, it's up to you.
Not only will Treks + Tracks provide you with all the necessary gear for your adventure—including sleeping bags, backpacks, tents, cooking gear, and sleeping pads—they'll also teach you a number of useful skills. From navigation and wilderness safety to leave-no-trace principles and backcountry cooking, both beginner and intermediate campers will glean the necessary skills to start planning their own backpacking trips. Breakfast and dinner will also be provided (with vegetarian and gluten-free options available), but you'll be responsible for packing your own lunch for day one of the trip on the Ojai, Castle Rock, and Point Reyes trips and all days of the three-day survival class.
• After purchase, go online to reserve your travel dates
• This deal includes use of backpack, sleeping bag, pads, and a tent, plus one dinner and breakfast
• Don't forget to pack a lunch for your first day or all days, depending on your trip
• A detailed gear list will be sent to you one week prior to your departure date
• Campers must be ages 12 or older and able to carry a 30-pound bag
• Call 650-557-4893 or email email@example.com with any questions
Amazing, friendly staff, and flexible; they really take the time to make sure you have the most enjoyable experience! I definitely recommend Treks + Tracks to everyone!-- LivingSocial Member
It was an awesome experience! The guides made me feel safe. They were patient and knowledgeable!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now to August 31, 2016
- Online reservations required and subject to availability
- Call 650-557-4893 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes rental tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, cooking equipment, and backpack; 1 breakfast and 1 dinner for the Ojai, Castle Rock State Park or Point Reyes Trip and 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners for the Practical Wilderness Survival Class; and backpacking instruction and professional guides
- Must be age 12 or over to redeem
- Detailed gear list provided 1 week prior to trip
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 1 guest
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 1 week in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes and gratuity not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services, and gratuity at the property are not included
- Must be able to carry a 30 lb bag
- Option A: please visit www.treksandtracks.com for updates to Point Reyes class times
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2016 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 25, 2021 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2016 • Enjoy By August 31, 2016
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
enjoy $170 savings
- 51% savings