Spend NYE in the Land of Ice and Fire
- A Six-Day Trip to Reykjavik, Iceland ($899 to $1,499 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from New York City to Reykjavik
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at Klettur Hotel (or Similar) in Reykjavik; or Hotel Natura (or Similar) in Reykjavik with One Bottle of Champagne per Room on December 28, 29, and 30
- Four Breakfasts
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Be dazzled by Reykjavik's larger-than-life fireworks display as you ring in the New Year on a six-day trip to Iceland.
Reykjavik may be just outside the Arctic Circle, but there's nothing cold about the way Icelanders greet the upcoming year. On New Year's Eve, the city's residents set the night sky ablaze as the ban on fireworks is lifted and everyone takes to the streets to cheer the stunning display—and hit Reykjavik's pulsing nightlife to celebrate.
The city itself feels torn between village folklife and 21st-century urbanity, as futuristic buildings like the glass-domed Perlan punctuate the cityscape while traditional low-rise structures with brightly painted roofs still outnumber them. The thoroughly cosmopolitan people are acutely aware of their place in the socioeconomic landscape of Europe, but take every opportunity to celebrate their Viking heritage—many maintain a belief in huldufólk ("hidden people"), magical elf-like beings living in the volcanic rock that must not be disturbed.
A singularly bewitching city, Reykjavik is sure to leave you changed for good after this six-day trip—and you have the fine people at go-today to thank for that.
Depart from New York City for your overnight flight to Reykjavik.
days 2 through 5:
After landing in Reykjavik and being transferred to the hotel to stow your luggage, you'll be free to enjoy the city at your leisure. Your go-today travel expert will be happy to make arrangements for anything that's on your to-do list: Take a dip in the Blue Lagoon, a mineral-rich geothermal body of turquoise water fed by deep wells that sustain a constant, toasty temperature of around 110 degrees; explore the modern lines and avant-garde public buildings of the capital city; or embark on the island's famous Golden Circle of natural and historic sites. If you miss the fireworks on NYE, you can seek out nature's version in the awe-inspiring northern lights—truly, one of the planet's most fantastic displays.
Four nights at Klettur Hotel or similar, or Reykjavik Natura or similar on select dates. Daily breakfast provided.
Take a last look at this otherworldly island as you embark on your return flight to New York City.
New York City (NYC) departures
December 28, 29, and 30, 2014 ($1,499)
Select dates in October 2014 ($1,399)
Select dates in November 2014 ($1,099)
Select dates in December 2014 ($999)
Select dates in January, February, and March 2015 ($899)
Select dates in April and May 2015 ($1,099)
Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"go-today is great to work with when booking a trip abroad. I found their staff to be knowledgeable... Everything they set up ran smoothly, and I was thrilled with the accommodations they arranged. I would highly recommend traveling with them."-- LivingSocial Member
"A mythical kingdom ruled by elves and Arctic energy, Iceland is where the past meets the future in an elemental symphony of wind, stone, fire and ice."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Dates available throughout the months of October, November, December 2014, as well as January, February, March, April and May 2015. Please contact merchant to schedule exact day of departure; all are subject to availability
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by September 13 to make booking
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires $500 due at booking for New Years Eve offers and $300 for all other offers; due at booking
- Includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at Klettur Hotel (or Similar) in Reykjavik; or Hotel Natura (or Similar) in Reykjavik, Four Breakfasts, Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Options that Depart on December 28, 29, and 30 will receive one bottle of Champagne per Room
- Does not include mark travel, passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Passport required
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 17, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 5, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 17, 2015 • Enjoy By May 17, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings