Italy’s Greatest Hits: Rome, Florence, and Venice
- An Eight-Day Trip to Rome, Florence, and Venice ($1,499 to $2,699 per Person), Including:
- International Flight from New York, Washington, D.C., or Los Angeles to Rome, and Return Flight from Venice
- Second-Class Rail Transportation from Rome to Florence and Florence to Venice
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at the Holiday Inn Rome-Pisana or Similar in Rome; Two Nights at the Hotel Meridiana, Hotel Columbus, or Similar in Florence; and Two Nights at the Hotel Alexander, Smart Hotel Holiday, or Similar in Venice
- Seven Breakfasts
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Art, history, cuisine, and fine wine: Live la dolce vita in three of Italy's most iconic cities.
All roads lead to Rome—and that's where you'll begin your Italian journey. Hop on a moped to travel the city's seven hills from monument to museum to landmark. With its rich long history, the Eternal City is home to the ancient ruins of the Colosseum and the Forum and the baroque opulence of St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican.
Next stop: the birthplace of the Renaissance. From the Duomo of the Basilica di Santa Maria dominating the skyline to Boticelli's The Birth of Venus at the famed Uffizi, Florence offers breathtaking art at every turn. But don't neglect your other senses—Florence is also home to world-renowned Tuscan cuisine.
Finally, steer your trip toward romance and head to Venice, famed for its serene canals and intimate ambiance. More than 100 islands are connected by a network of canals to make up the main city, so visitors never run out of nooks and crannies to investigate. Catch a show in the gilded theater of the La Fenice opera house, see the stunning architecture of St. Mark's Basilica overlooking the Piazza San Marco, and spend an afternoon strolling the car-free walkways and bridges of the city center.
This itinerary offered by go-today will ensure that you see the very best of this romantic and captivating country.
day 1: You'll board your overnight flight from the US to Rome. Buon viaggio!
days 2, 3, and 4: Once you land in Rome, an open schedule allows you to spend the next three days as you please. Must-see landmarks include St. Peter's Basilica, the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps. After a day on your feet, feast on rich red wines and homemade pasta.
Three nights at the Holiday Inn Rome-Pisana or similar. Breakfast provided on days 3 and 4.
days 5 and 6: A train will bring you from Rome to Florence, where you'll spend two nights exploring the city at your own pace. See Michelangelo's David at the Accademia Gallery, or learn the history of fashion at the Gucci Museum.
Two nights at the Hotel Meridiana, Hotel Columbus, or similar. Daily breakfast provided.
days 7 and 8: Hop on another train and head to Venice for two days free of scheduled activities. Let a gondolier glide you through the city's famed canals, tour the Doge's Palace, and admire Tintoretto's handiwork at the Scuolo Grande di San Rocco.
Two nights at the Hotel Alexander, Smart Hotel Holiday, or similar. Daily breakfast provided.
day 9: After breakfast, make your way to the airport to catch your flight back to the US. You'll return home with a belly full of gelato, a suitcase full of designer duds, and a heart full of love for Italia.
New York (NYC) departure dates:
11/4 and 12/9 ($1,699)
1/13 and 2/3 ($1,499)
Washington (WAS) departure dates:
11/4 and 12/9 ($1,699)
1/13 and 2/3 ($1,499)
Los Angeles departure dates:
11/4 and 12/9 ($1,899)
1/13 and 2/3 ($1,699)
Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"Oh my goodness! I cannot say enough about how happy I am with go-today!"-- LivingSocial Member
"Italy's showstopping cities include Venice, Florence and Rome. Epicentre of the Roman Empire and birthplace of the Renaissance, this sun-kissed overachiever groans under the weight of its cultural catalogue."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by September 20 to make booking
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires $500 due at booking
- Includes Second-Class Rail Transportation from Rome to Florence and Florence to Venice, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at the Holiday Inn Rome-Pisana or Similar in Rome; Two Nights at the Hotel Meridiana, Hotel Columbus, or Similar in Florence; and Two Nights at the Hotel Alexander, Smart Hotel Holiday, or Similar in Venice, Seven Breakfasts, Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Does not include Italy city tax paid locally at time of checkout (approximately €3 to €7 per person per night), passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Passport required
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 26, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 3, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 26, 2015 • Enjoy By May 26, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings