Italy Awaits: Explore Rome, Florence, and Venice
- An Eight-Day Trip to Rome, Florence, and Venice ($1,299 to $1,599 per Person), Including:
- International Flights from New York City or Chicago to Rome and Venice to New York City or Chicago
- Second-Class Rail Transportation from Rome to Florence and Florence to Venice
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at the Holiday Inn Express San Giovanni (or Similar) in Rome, Two Nights at the Hotel Meridiana (or Similar) in Florence; and Two Nights at the Apogia Sirio (or Similar) in Venice
- Six Breakfasts
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Hotel Fees
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Art, history, cuisine, and fine wine: Live la dolce vita in three of Italy's most iconic cities.
All roads lead to Rome. Deeply layered antiquities—with columns and monuments of each successive empire erected on the foundations laid by the last—have no problem paying homage to the great minds who built, wandered, and made famous these storied streets.
A creative and culinary heaven in Florence. As the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence showcases breathtaking art at every turn, from the Duomo of the Basilica di Santa Maria dominating the skyline to the history of fashion on display at the Gucci Museum. But don't neglect your other senses—Florence is also home to world-renowned Tuscan cuisine.
Venice will float your boat—and not just literally. Famed for its serene canals and preserved Renaissance architecture, Venice is a city best seen from the romantic perspective of a gondola. More than 100 islands are connected by a network of canals to make up the main city, so visitors never run out of nooks and crannies to investigate.
From revered works of art to the romantic canals of legend, Italy seduces at every turn. Fall in love with this European legend on an eight-day trip—with a little help from the pros at go-today.
Board your overnight flight from New York or Chicago to Rome.
days 2 and 3:
Once you land in Rome, an open schedule allows you to spend the next two days as you please. Must-see landmarks include St. Peter's Basilica, the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps. After a day on your feet, feast on rich red wines and homemade pasta.
Two nights at the Holiday Inn Express San Giovanni or similar. Breakfast provided on day 3.
days 4 and 5:
A train will bring you from Rome to Florence, where you'll spend two nights exploring the city at your own pace. See Michelangelo's David at the Accademia Gallery, or ponder Boticelli's The Birth of Venus at the famed Uffizi.
Two nights at the Hotel Meridiana or similar. Daily breakfast provided.
days 6 and 7:
Hop on another train and head to Venice for two days free of scheduled activities. Catch a show in the gilded theater of the La Fenice opera house, see the stunning architecture of St. Mark's Basilica overlooking the Piazza San Marco, and spend an afternoon strolling the car-free walkways and bridges of the city center.
Two nights at the Apogia Sirio or similar. Daily breakfast provided.
After breakfast, make your way to the airport to catch your flight back to New York City or Chicago. You'll return home with a belly full of gelato, a suitcase full of designer duds, and a heart full of love for Italia.
New York (NYC) departure dates
November 4, 11, and 18, 2014; December 2 and 10, 2014; January 13, 2015; February 26, 2015 ($1,399)
December 17, 2014; March 2, 11, and 18, 2015 ($1,499)
January 20 and 27, 2015; February 3 and 17, 2015 ($1,299)
Chicago (ORD) departure dates
November 4, 11, and 18, 2014; December 2 and 10, 2014; January 13, 20, and 27, 2015; February 3, 17, and 26, 2015 ($1,499)
December 17, 2014; March 2, 11, and 18, 2015 ($1,599)
Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"Go-today is great to work with when booking a trip abroad," according to LivingSocial globetrotters. Others who've traveled with this personalized travel company say its reservation specialists are "a pleasure to work with," "very knowledgeable of cities, and make some great suggestions." Agents "work very hard to perfect the itinerary," and it's easy to appreciate "the time and patience showed in solving problems." One especially happy customer gushes: "I was done buying and finalizing my trip all within a couple of hours!" This thrilled traveler says it best: "I couldn't be more impressed!"
"Italy's showstopping cities include Venice, Florence and Rome. Epicentre of the Roman Empire and birthplace of the Renaissance, this sun-kissed overachiever groans under the weight of its cultural catalogue."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; November departures must be redeemed by October 16 and all other dates must be confirmed by November 1, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires $500 due at booking
- Includes Second-Class Rail Transportation from Rome to Florence and Florence to Venice, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at the Holiday Inn Express San Giovanni (or Similar) in Rome, Two Nights at the Hotel Meridiana (or Similar) in Florence; and Two Nights at the Apogia Sirio (or Similar) in Venice, Six Breakfasts, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Hotel Fees
- Does not include Italy city tax (paid locally at checkout, approximately €3-€7 per person per night). passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, mark travel, lodging, or activity taxes/fees and any other costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 18, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 18, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 18, 2015 • Enjoy By March 18, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings