Tour Beaches and Savannas in the Serengeti and Zanzibar
Encounters Travel •
- A 10-Day Land-Only Trip ($1,199 to $1,499 per Person) or a 13-Day Flight-Inclusive Trip ($2,799 to$3,199 per Person) to Africa, Including:
- International Flights from New York City, Washington, DC, or Los Angeles to Nairobi and from Dar es Salaam to New York City, Washington, DC, or Los Angeles (Flight-Inclusive Packages Only)
- Ground Transportation in 25-Seat Expedition Vehicle with Two-Truck Crew for Most Journeys, AC Car/Minibus Between Airport and Hotel (Flight-Inclusive Packages Only), and Safari Vehicles for Serengeti Safari (Activity Package Only)
- Double/Twin-Occupancy Accommodations for One Night at Sentrim Boulevard Hotel or Similar (Flight-Inclusive Packages Only), Two Nights at Ndoro Lodge or Similar (Five Nights for Guests Who Did Not Purchase Activity Package), Two Nights at Seronera Campsite and One Night at Simba Campsite or Similar (with Activity Package Only), One Night at Bagamayo Traveller's Lodge or Similar, One Night at Ocean View Hotel or Similar, Two Nights at Amaan Bungalows or Similar, and One Night at Kariakoo Hotel or Similar (Flight-Inclusive Packages Only)
- Nine Breakfasts, Six Lunches, and Nine Dinners (11 Breakfasts for Flight-Inclusive Packages)
- Activities per Itinerary (Four-Day Camping Excursion in Tanzania Included with Optional Activity Package)
- Local Guides for Sightseeing Tours and Activites
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges (Flight-Inclusive Packages Only), and Hotel Fees
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy, See Fine Print
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation by October 24, 2016
From the savannas of the Serengeti to the beaches of Zanzibar, this tour from Encounters Travel offers a look into Africa's stunning natural world.
Day 1: Flight to Kenya
• Those who have purchased flight-inclusive packages will depart for Africa
Day 2: Nairobi arrival
• If you purchased a flight-inclusive package, you should be arriving in Nairobi today; receive transfer to your hotel
• Those who haven't purchased a flight-inclusive package should arrive no later than today, and Encounters Travel can arrange airport transfers and accommodations as requested
Overnight in Sentrim Boulevard Hotel (flight-inclusive packages only) or similar.
Day 3: Nairobi to Arusha
• Cross over from Kenya to Tanzania
• Prepare for an optional excursion to the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater (available with activity package)
Overnight in Ndoro Lodge or similar. Lunch and dinner provided.
Day 4: Serengeti and Ngorongoro safari
• Those who have purchased an activity package will begin their four-day camping excursion
• Take an open-topped 4x4 safari vehicle to see a wide variety of animals
• If you have not purchased the activity package, you can enjoy other optional activities: a day trip to the Arusha National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, or Tarangire National Park, or an overnight trip to Maasai
Overnight at Seronera Campsite for guests who purchased activity package or similar. Overnight at Ndoro Lodge for all other guests or similar. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided (breakfast only if staying in Arusha).
Days 5-6: Safari continues
• Enjoy the rest of your safari over the next two days, heading to the Ngorongoro Crater on the third day
• Those who haven't purchased the activity package will continue to explore Arusha
Two nights at Seronera Campsite and Simba Campsite for guests who purchased activity package or similar. Two nights at Ndoro Lodge for all other guests or similar. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided (breakfast only if staying in Arusha).
Day 7: Return to Arusha
• The Serengeti safari finishes today and everyone will meet up in Arusha
• Spend the night at your hotel before heading to Bagamayo tomorrow morning
Overnight at Ndoro Lodge or similar. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
Day 8: Travel to Bagamyao
• Take this travelling day to enjoy the sights as you head to the coast at Bagamayo
• Prepare for your excursion to Zanzibar
Overnight at Bagamayo Traveller's Lodge or similar. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided (breakfast only if staying in Arusha).
Day 9: Zanzibar excursion
• Today, your group will begin its trip through Zanzibar
• Take the ferry in Dar es Salaam to Stone Town, Zanzibar's capital
• Take a tour of this beautiful World Heritage Site, which includes a visit to vibrant spice and seafood markets
Overnight at Ocean View Hotel or similar. Breakfast and dinner provided
Days 10-11: Free day at Zanzibar beaches
• Enjoy the next two days in the northern part of the island with some free time relaxing on the beach
• Optional activities are available for an additional fee and include lunches, swimming with dolphins, scuba diving, snorkeling, and more
Overnight at Amaan Bungalows or similar. Breakfast and dinner provided.
Day 12: Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam
• Return via ferry to Dar es Salaam
• Those who haven't purchased a flight-inclusive package should book an extra night in Dar es Salaam before flying home in case of delays
Overnight in Kariakoo Hotel (flight-inclusive packages only) or similar. Breakfast and lunch provided.
Day 13: Say goodbye to Africa
• Those who have purchased a flight-inclusive package will receive transfer to the airport
• Board your return flight to the US, arriving the following day
Breakfast included (flight-inclusive packages only).
Land Only Trips:
10/1, 10/22, 10/26, 11/1 ($1,199)
1/3, 1/14, 1/18, 1/24, 2/25, 3/1, 3/7, 3/28, 4/8, 4/12, 4/29, 5/9, 5/24, 5/30, 6/10, 7/1, 7/5, 7/11 ($1,499)
Departures from New York City (JFK):
1/12, 1/16, 2/23, 3/5, 4/6, 4/10, 5/7 ($2,949)
1/22, 2/27 ($2,849)
3/26, 4/27, 5/22, 5/28 ($2,999)
Departures from Washington, DC (IAD):
1/12, 1/22, 2/27, 3/5, 4/27, 5/7 ($2,849)
3/26, 4/6, 4/10, 5/22 ($3,199)
5/28, 6/8 ($3,099)
Departures from Los Angeles (LAX):
1/1, 5/28, 7/9 ($3,149)
1/12, 3/5, 4/6 ($2,899)
1/22, 2/23, 2/27, 5/7 ($2,849)
4/10, 4/27 ($2,949)
Priced per person based on double occupancy; solo travelers will pay an additional $279 for land only packages and an additional $390 for flight-inclusive packages.
They are such wonderful people! Customer Service is outstanding. I will definitely book with this company again!-- LivingSocial Member
Ringed by some of Africa’s best coral beaches and blessed with one of the most mellifluous names in the world, Zanzibar (Unguja) is [Tanzania's] main island.-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 4 per customer, up to 4 additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name(s) exactly as given on your passport(s)
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by October 24, 2016 to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing reservations
- Voucher includes international flights from New York City, Washington, DC, or Los Angeles to Nairobi and from Dar es Salaam to New York City, Washington, DC, or Los Angeles (flight-inclusive packages only); Ground Transportation in 25-Seat Expedition Vehicle with Two-Truck Crew for most journeys, AC car/minibus between Airport and Hotel (Flight-Inclusive Packages Only) and safari vehicles for Serengeti safari (Activity package only); Double/Twin-Occupancy Accommodations for One Night at Sentrim Boulevard Hotel or similar (Flight-Inclusive Packages Only), Two Nights at Ndoro Lodge or similar (Five Nights for Guests Who Did Not Purchase Activity Package), Two Nights at Seronera Campsite and one night at Simba Campsite (with Activity Package Only), One Night at Bagamayo Traveller's Lodge or similar, One Night at Ocean View Hotel or similar, Two Nights at Amaan Bungalows or similar, and One Night at Kariakoo Hotel or similar (Flight-Inclusive Packages Only); nine breakfasts, six lunches, and nine dinners (11 breakfasts for flight-inclusive packages); activities per itinerary (four-day camping excursion in Tanzania included with optional activity package); local guides for sightseeing tours and activites; and airline taxes and fuel surcharges (flight-inclusive packages only), and hotel fees
- Tanzania visas for U.S. citizens are currently $100/person available on arrival
- Voucher does not include airfare for land-only options, compulsory travel insurance, meals not indicated in the itinerary, drinks, snacks, other personal expenses, activities listed in the activity package, tips & gratuities and any other items not mentioned
- Travel insurance covering medical costs, personal liability, emergency evacuation, and repatriation for medical reasons is mandatory; policy details must be provided to Encounters Travel at least 1 month before departure (policy number, name of the issuing company, and the policy emergency contact details); travel insurance covering cancellation and baggage is recommended but not mandatory. A comprehensive policy is available from Encounters Travel from $123. Health insurance is generally not sufficient; view all details at www.encounterstravel.com/travel_insurance.php
- Double occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (2 people sharing a room). Couples will be provided a private double room
- Travelers must be age 18+ to book. Families with children age 14+ may request a place on the tour, which will be provided should other travelers in the group agree to have children join
- Single travelers will need to pay the single room supplement ($139 all 2016 land only departures or $279 for all 2017 land only departures or $390 for flight inclusive packages).
- Tour departures require a minimum of 4 travelers to run. Please do not book international flights or connecting travel until merchant confirms minimum numbers have been reached
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please visit www.encounterstravel.com/booking_conditions.php
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Passport with 6 months validity and at least 3 clear pages are required
- Bookings with Encounters Travel are only made after the voucher is redeemed and a booking confirmation email sent.
- After vouchers are redeemed Encounters Travel booking conditions and cancellation fees apply
- Accommodations listed are our preferred properties but alternatives of a similar standard may be used on some dates
- Optional Activity Package (an additional fee of $929 for 2016 stays or $999 for 2017 stays): This optional payment for the 3-night Serengeti safari covers what we consider highly recommended activities on the tour. Separating these activities out is designed to help people with differing budgets. Prices may be revised at time of payment based on current local exchange rates If you would like to participate in these activities you should pre-purchase the package prior to your arrival to ensure availability and to help your guides plan ahead.
- Review the State Department's website for passport requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 11, 2017 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 4, 2021 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 11, 2017 • Enjoy By July 11, 2017
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings