Even the most highly-seasoned global villager will agree that too many food miles can prove decidedly unpalatable. If produce from closer to home is more to your taste, however, you'll find today's deal from locally-sourced restaurant Art Bangor particularly appetising.
- Serve up £49 (up to a £104 value, for up to a 53% discount) for two people to experience a local, seasonal, seven-course tasting menu accompanied by a glass of bubbly each.
- Take a step further, still without leaving the local area, and dish out £59 (up to a £124 value, for up to a £52% discount) for two people to feast on a nine-course tasting menu, again with a glass of bubbly each.
- The family-run restaurant prides itself on its commitment to provenance, choosing the very best of what's available and in season from the Bangor neighbourhood each Thursday, just in time for the weekend menu.
- Fish comes fresh from day boats, game from North Down, and other meat from no more than 20 miles away, with vegetables and eggs similarly making the shortest journey they can to your plate.
- A typical menu might include langoustine soup, a trio of beetroot, couscous with preserved lemons, and organic lamb, with perhaps cardamom honeyed yogurt and pear tart as a dessert.
- The taster menus are available on Fridays and Saturdays between 6 p.m. and 9.30 p.m.
What's that? Distance no object? Click 'Buy Now' and eat your words.
Want more? Check out Art Bangor on Facebook.
You can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Find out more.
Enjoy By 22 March, 2014
Buy this Deal with confidence, because it’s covered by LivingSocial’s Deal Credit Guarantee up to the Voucher Expiration DateSee Details »