89% recommendedin LivingSocial customer ratings
There are two sides to the town of Athlone, County Westmeath: the heritage part, teeming with natural beauty, ruined abbeys, and ancient castles; and the contemporary part, with its epic shopping, reinvigorated buildings, and stunning modern art gallery. Whichever side you're on, explore it from the lap of timeless luxury courtesy of this week's Escape to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone.
- May we present an overnight stay for two people at the opulent four-star venue for €85 (up to a €168 value); or really take your time with two nights for €169 (up to a €338 value).
- One night gets you a standard room with sleek décor, en suite, satellite TV, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and internet access.
- Meanwhile, the two-night option gets you a business class room, complete with all this as well as views of the River Shannon.
- While away the hours with the discounts on certain local attractions that come with your stay: save 25% on entry for two to the newly renovated Athlone Castle with its state-of-the-art exhibitions; then there's your reduced rate on a river boat tour along the scenic Shannon.
- Alternatively, make the most of the fine establishment's facilities, including Synergy Health & Leisure Club with its 16-metre pool, sauna, steam room, and riverside gymnasium.
Want more? Check out our Escapes collection.
Enjoy By February 28, 2014