Buying a Voucher as a Gift
Here's how to give different types of LivingSocial deals as gifts.
If you're giving a spa day, dinner at a local restaurant, or a wine tasting as a gift, it's easy to send it through LivingSocial. Select Give as a Gift on the deal page when you're ready to buy. You'll then have an opportunity to customize a card that you can either email to your recipient or print out to give in person.
If you're buying tickets to an event that uses G-Pass, tickets will be available once seating has been finalized. G-Pass deals are not transferable, so be sure to follow the below directions when buying tickets for someone else.
- Purchase as you normally would and simply enter the recipient's first and last name as the ticket holder.
- Your tickets will be available in your account within one hour of purchase. Because these tickets have to be redeemed on mobile, take a screenshot on your mobile device and send them to the recipient. Check the redemption instructions for more details about using the tickets.
If the LivingSocial Travel deal has a booking calendar:
- Select the dates and room, then continue to checkout.
- On the checkout page, when asked for "Traveler Name," be sure to list the recipient's full name as it appears on the ID they will use at check-in.
If the deal doesn't have a booking calendar:
- Select Give as a Gift on the deal page.
- After you've completed the order, we'll send the voucher to the gift recipient via email, and they can call the merchant to book the trip.
LivingSocial Shop Marketplace Item
- Purchase as you normally would, and at checkout you'll have the option to add a new name and address under your default shipping information.
- Enter your recipient's info, and the merchant will deliver the item to their doorstep.
Buying a Voucher for Yourself and One as a Gift
Many deals will allow you to purchase one for yourself and one as a gift. To do so:
- Place one order as a gift by selecting Give as a Gift.
- Place a second separate order for yourself by selecting Buy.
Keep in Mind
- If you‘ve already purchased a voucher by selecting Buy, you usually can still give it as a gift. Learn more about Giving One of Your Vouchers as a Gift.
- Be sure to always check the deal’s Fine Print for limits on how many Vouchers you can buy—both for yourself and as gifts.