Common Fine Print Terms
Information on buying and using your Voucher will be listed in the Fine Print, which is located both on the deal page and the voucher itself. Each deal is different, and you should always read the Fine Print before purchasing a deal so that you're fully aware of what options you have.
Here are some common types of terms you'll find in the Fine Print and what they mean.
If you attempt to buy a deal without meeting the purchase criteria in the Fine Print—such as the ones listed here—you may encounter trouble at checkout, or you may not be able to use your Voucher with the merchant.
- New clients only
- Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts
- Limit 1 per person
- Valid only for option purchased
- May be repurchased every 90 days (if you want to repurchase a deal with this restriction, you'll have to wait the amount of time specified)
Every Voucher has different terms for expiration. Check the Fine Print and your voucher to find your specific expiration date, before which you'll want to use your voucher. A few examples of different expiration terms include:
- Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires.
- Expiration varies (if the Fine Print says this, you'll need to check your Voucher after purchase to view the expiration date of your deal).
Terms for Using Your Voucher
The Fine Print will let you know what to expect when using your Voucher, including whether a reservation or a visit to the merchant's website is required. Here is some language you'll come across and what it means:
- Valid online only—You'll need to complete your purchase on the merchant's website in order to receive your product(s). Once you buy the deal on LivingSocial, your Voucher itself will include a "How to Use" section with information on how to do that.
- Valid only at purchased location/s—When a Voucher is valid only for one or more specific locations, these will always be listed on the Voucher and displayed on the map at the bottom of the deal page.
- Consultation required; non-candidates and other refund requests will be honored before service provided—If you purchase this deal and then are found ineligible for the service offered in the deal, you won't be able to use your Voucher and will receive a refund.
- May redeem across visits—Deals that include more than one service may permit or require multiple visits to the merchant. If the merchant redeems your voucher on your first visit, you'll still be able to use the remainder of your Voucher in subsequent visits.
- Final Sale/All sales final—Once you buy the items or tickets in question, the order cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- Refundable only on day of purchase—This deal is not eligible for cancellation or refunds after 11:59 p.m. CST on the day of purchase and is at that point considered Final Sale.
Was this article helpful?