Galentine's Day Ideas to Show Your Squad Some Love
Move over, Valentine's Day; we've got a slew of great Galentine's Day ideas. What is Galentine's Day, you ask? Popularized by Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation, the February 13th holiday (a.k.a., Valentine's for friends) is a way for women to celebrate the gal pals who make their lives so much richer. Oh, and there's probably brunch involved. As Leslie describes it, "It's like Lilith Fair minus the angst. Plus frittatas!"
We all know the V-Day cliches, but how should you celebrate G-Day? The good news is that it can be as simple or as over-the-top as you want it to be. If you need some Galentine's Day ideas, we've created a schedule of activities that will ensure a memorable day for you and your pals. Our itinerary works equally well for the more gender-neutral Palentine's Day for friends' Valentine's celebrations, too.
10 a.m.: Have a Brunch Eggs-travaganza
We all knew brunch was going to make an appearance. You won't have to make your reservations as far in advance as you might for Mother's Day, but you'll still probably want to plan ahead. Once you've got everyone gathered together (mimosa in hand, of course), it's the perfect time for presents, too (customized matching T-shirts, anyone?). Even if you don't splurge on gifts, go around the table and tell each person some of the things you love about them—and don't be afraid to get mushy.
Check out some of our favorite brunch deals for inspiration:
- $24 for $40 worth of farm-to-table brunch for four or more at Solstice in Western Sp
- $27 for $40 worth of brunch at Hutch American Cafe in Chicago, IL
- $29 for brunch and drinks for two ($61.90 value) at 1742 Wine Bar in Manhattan, NY
- $36 for brunch or dinner plus drinks and a cruise for two ($70 value) at The Watershed in Tempe, AZ
- Shop for deals on brunch near you.
1 p.m.: Take a Pole-Dance Class Together
This part of the plan will require you and your gal pals to be a little adventurous, but what better day for it? This will get you all up and moving and trying out an activity that maybe you've always wanted to try, but were too nervous to do without their support. After all, it's a lot harder to feel embarrassed or anxious if you and your favorite people are all in it together! There's also something to be said for wearing brightly colored wigs during your activity...
Check out some of our favorite pole-dance classes for inspiration:
- $28 for four Twerk-Fit, Pole-Fit, or other naughty fitness classes ($80 value) at Dance 411 in Atlanta, GA
- $60.50 for five pole-fitness classes ($130 value) at The Pole Experience in Houston, TX
- $22 for a 105-minute beginner pole-dance workshop ($45 value) at Divine Movement Pole Dancing in Seattle, WA
- Shop for deals on pole-dancing classes near you.
3 p.m.: Get Some Pampering with a Mani-Pedi
Galentine's Day is the perfect excuse for an afternoon of pampering. If you're feeling ambitious, head to the spa for an hour of massage or facials. For something a little more low-key, get matching mani-pedis. The point here is to really take time to unwind. After that pole-dance class, you've probably worked up a sweat so you deserve it.
If you need some nail inspiration, check out these cute winter nail designs then check out our favorite deals:
- $30 for a mani-pedi ($38 value) at Wynn Nail Spa in Los Angeles, CA
- $29 for a gel meni-pedi ($60 value) at Ten and Two Studios in Kansas City, KS
- $45 for a gel mani-pedi ($75 value) at Tropical Oasis Nail Salon in New Orleans, LA
- Shop for deals on mani-pedis near you.
7 p.m.: Treat Yourselves to a Prix Fixe Dinner
After a long day, someone else should make dinner, don't you think? Elegant prix fixe menus are usually reserved for romantic dates, but who says they have to stay that way? Find a restaurant where you can all settle in and order up an impressive multicourse meal meant for lingering over. After all, you've got a lot more to catch up on after such a busy day.
Check out some of our favorite prix fixe deals for inspiration
- $29 for a prix fixe dinner for two ($45.80 value) at Genki Noodles & Sushi in Atlanta, GA
- $65 for a prix fixe dinner with wine for two ($94 value) at Aqua in Plymouth, MI
- $102 for a prix fixe dinner for two ($137 value) at Froggy's French Cafe Inc. in Highwood, IL
- Shop for deals on prix fixe dinners near you.
8 p.m.: Drink Some Drinks
Just because you probably had a glass or two of wine with dinner doesn't mean the night has to end there. Find a local cocktail bar where you can properly toast to another successful Galentine's Day and start dreaming up girl's day out ideas for next year!
Check out some of our favorite cocktail deals for inspiration:
- $45 for rooftop cocktails and appetizers for two ($92 value) at Sky Room in Times Square, NY
- $26 for flight samples and mini cocktails for four ($44 value) at Thomas & Sons Distillery in Portland, OR
- $19 for two cocktails and hookah for two ($43 value) at B n' D Martini Lounge in Miami Beach, FL
- Shop deals on drinks near you.