Illuminating Historic Georgetown: GLOW DC Walking Tour
About This Deal
An evening exploration of old and new in Georgetown, featuring GLOW’s immersive outdoor art experiences! In a uniquely illuminating experience, DC Design Tours will be featuring Georgetown’s GLOW art installations on a special Historic Georgetown evening walking tour. A mention of modern Georgetown typically conjures up images of stately brick homes, tidy tree-lined streets, elegant cemeteries, bustling shops, and a world class University. Now one of the most idyllic and elite neighborhoods in Washington D.C., Georgetown’s origins are much less picturesque. Described by Abigail Adams as “a dirty little hole,” Georgetown began as a gritty colonial port, replete with ruffians, sailors, slave traders, brothels, and saloons. In this rags to riches tale, we’ll be learning about Georgetown’s historic transformation, sharing the secrets of DC’s most exclusive neighborhood, and shining a light on the contemporary artists behind GLOW’s immersive installations.
The tour begins on the lawn of Grace Episcopal Church at 1041 Wisconsin Ave NW, and ends at Washington Harbour at Picto Sender Machine GLOW installation, over the course of about two hours. Tours run rain or shine. Children under 5 are free.The tickets identified in this promotion are made available through Goldstar. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by Illuminating Historic Georgetown: GLOW DC Walking Tour in connection with this deal.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer.
- Discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change.
- Ticket value includes all fees.
- Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases LivingSocial, Goldstar, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.