Pirates provide costumes and nautical games during family cruises; adult cruises play hit songs and allow guests to bring grog onboard
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
- Departure time:
- Adult BYOG Cruise: Friday at 5:30p.m. or 7p.m
- Family Adventure Cruise: Sunday–Friday
- Departure location: Ann Street Pier in Fells Point.
- Age range for Family Adventure Cruise: designed for families with children 2–12 years old
- Age range for Adult BYOG Cruise: must be 21+ years old with a valid government ID
- Sailing season is April 1 - October 31; click here to view the schedule
- As passengers check-in for the family cruise, the pirate crew of the ship Fearless outfits them with costumes, including temporary tattoos and drawn-on facial hair. During the voyage, performers engage the group in songs, dances, and seafaring activities, encouraging youngsters to spray marauding pirates with the ship’s water cannons. Alternatively, the adult ‘Bring Your Own Grog’ cruise allows beverages and mixers in cans, glass, or plastic containers (cans are recommended) to enjoy as the crew entertains with current music, dancing, and games.
- All cruises include 30 minutes of boarding activities followed by 60 minutes sailing on the water. Because each trip is limited to 49 passengers, the staff recommends reserving the spot a few weeks in advance.
- View the cruise FAQ
About Urban Pirates
Inspired by her own kids' love for all things pirate-related, a local mother founded Urban Pirates in 2008. The swashbuckling crew whisks families on one-hour voyages around the Baltimore Inner Harbor in the 52-foot ship Fearless, regaling them with songs, games, and activities. But the passengers aren't mere spectators—they become real members of the crew, donning pirate costumes complete with drawn tattoos and drawn facial hair and manning water cannons to help protect the ship when it's stormed by rival pirates.
The charismatic buccaneers can also personalize their charters, whether by distributing eye patches and other goodies to birthday-party guests, hosting on-the-water weddings, or guiding corporate groups through team-building exercises. On evening adult cruises, they even encourage patrons to bring their own grog from home. And, though the Fearless stays moored for the winter, the crew hardly abandons their mission to spark young imaginations. Rather than take to the sea, they visit Baltimore libraries and put on free pirate-themed story events that also incorporate games and songs.